• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8.6 blackout

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
It's been out a while now and folks have had time to play with them. How do they perform accuracy wise in a subsonic configuration at distance?

I have an AR10 I'm going to rip apart and new barrel could pit me into one, suppressed through my primal suppressor.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but everything I've read about it seems to be very positive. It basically outperforms 300 blackout in every measurable category even in subsonic configuration from the reviews I've seen.

No personal experience yet, tho I am in the process of acquiring parts for a 8.6 AR10, probably 5-6 months for barrel to get here.

From the research I've done before deciding to go with 8.6, it seems that 375 Raptor outperforms it in most, if not all, categories. The only thing that swayed me to go 8.6 is already owning a suppressor that will handle it. 375R ammo is slightly more expensive, but probably not so much if you roll your own.

No personal experience yet, tho I am in the process of acquiring parts for a 8.6 AR10, probably 5-6 months for barrel to get here.

From the research I've done before deciding to go with 8.6, it seems that 375 Raptor outperforms it in most, if not all, categories. The only thing that swayed me to go 8.6 is already owning a suppressor that will handle it. 375R ammo is slightly more expensive, but probably not so much if you roll your own.
What barrel did you go with? Looks like Faxon is available.

Still cutting it's teeth in the marketplace. I like it at the 3 twist and have a faxon barrel that has been decent. About 1.5 moa shooter out to 400 running a couple gorilla sub loads. I'll load for it at some point, just haven't had the time. SAAMI kinda knocked the round down a notch not getting approved, and likely to get approved, will need a 5 twist.

Still cutting it's teeth in the marketplace. I like it at the 3 twist and have a faxon barrel that has been decent. About 1.5 moa shooter out to 400 running a couple gorilla sub loads. I'll load for it at some point, just haven't had the time. SAAMI kinda knocked the round down a notch not getting approved, and likely to get approved, will need a 5 twist.
Short barrel or long?

Back
Top Bottom