• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 blackout Upper

That's the thing, really don't like collapsible stocks. A2, Magpul PRS or Moe Rifle I feel are way more solid.

Also what's point of adjustable stock if I am using it at fixed length anyways.

And it's cheaper than adding H2 buffer to carbine, and far cheaper than proprietary A5

As far as length, well.... I an 6.4, with rather long arms. So tailhook on carbine buffer is just too short

That ain’t what I’m saying. I’m saying that the combination of short barrel/long stock is decidedly odd.

Why are you wanting to build around a super-short barrel that you’re only running non-suppressed supers out of? Horrid noise, lots of flash (especially since you have an aversion to muzzle devices that tame both), and loss of velocity. Additionally, you will have reduced reliability due to running a pistol-length gas system with full-power loads. Added to the reduced reliability will be a shortened lifespan on your moving parts, since you’re tapping off the gas so close to the chamber.

Wow thanks. I am in Tucker. Where do you usually shoot?

Is that 7.5" flash less than 10.5 556 with flashhider or without
Usually governors in Kennesaw. I also have a 5.5” barrel rattler in 300 and while annoying, it’s not crazy without the can.

Most 300bo is designed to use its powder up in ~8” of barrel, so you don’t get the flash bang effect of like cheap 556 in a short barrel.

Your build is weird as hell. I’ll sell you my upper cheap and mail it to you if you want to make this happen, mostly so I can make fun of you for having a stock longer than the barrel. I’m all for whatever makes you happy but I agree, this is weird.

Not really understanding whats the problem with length. So rifle buffer is about 9". I was running mount for the pistol I had which was 8.5" and was bit to short (still usable). Carbine buffer is 7" give or take and that was just too short (unusable) with tailhook mod1.

Tailhooks do not add any length to the tube, because they mount directly.

Maybe that's my answer right there? Get 9" barrel to be same length as back end?

Will do!!!! Will take some time though, as busy now and then plan to be out of country. Was hoping some good deal for black Friday/cyber Monday, but nothing special

Update, got most parts, and went with carbine stock tube upon your recommendations.

Attachments

• received_368290589064364.jpeg
    received_368290589064364.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom