• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 blackout Upper

ram 50 v8

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
29   0
Reaction score
Short story--- I had 10.5 build with tailhood Mod1 in 5.56 and Vortex red dot. Loved that gun, very light, maneuverable. I would toss it in the car if I went out of town or state. Then comes the brace ban (let's go brandon). ---- I take it apart, and turn it into 18" with rifle stock. Came out great. I really like the fixed rifle stocks and long buffer=very smooth.

Now I have itch to build upper (eventually lower too, but that's later) and have some questions.

1) I am looking for 300 blkout barrel in 7.5 or 9" faxon gunner profile --- will they run with rsupersonic? (Both pistol gas port and rifle buffer tube, spring and weight)

2) I am not fan of muzzle devices, think they add extra length and weight---- will 7.5" have too much flash with just thread protector and supersonic? What about 9" with thread protector? Will that be too much muzzle flash?

3) 7.5" comes with 1:5 twist--- is that too much for 110gr supersonics?

Thank you in advance for recommendations.

Ps: --- I am NOT turning it into sbr, just clip on tailhook to rifle buffer tube

Update: ---- I just ordered BA Hanson 8.3 barrel, 1:7 twist. Was 140$ shipped

Update: --- ended up getting separate lower,(with carbine buffer upon your recommendations-thanks) buffer tube, brace, and 7.3" handguard --- now all that's left is 1)buffer weight 2)lower parts kit 3)gas tube 4)thread protector

Attachments

• received_368290589064364.jpeg
    received_368290589064364.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 10
Should be fine with supers, mine is a 7.5 and no drama with any of the ammo I’ve tried. It’s going to feel less blasts than the 10.5” in 556 in my experience. Subs may run but without a can that’s just an expensive toy.

Where are you located? You are welcome to try my upper on your setup and see if you like it.

1. The barrel will run with supersonic if it’s set up to run with supersonics.

2. An A2-style bird cage doesn’t add much weight or length.

3. It’ll work.

A .300Blk with a 9” or shorter barrel that you’re only gonna run supers out of? Not the best idea I’ve heard.

You said “rifle buffer tube” twice. Do you mean a carbine buffer tube/receiver extension?

1. The barrel will run with supersonic if it’s set up to run with supersonics.

2. An A2-style bird cage doesn’t add much weight or length.

3. It’ll work.

A .300Blk with a 9” or shorter barrel that you’re only gonna run supers out of? Not the best idea I’ve heard.

You said “rifle buffer tube” twice. Do you mean a carbine buffer tube/receiver extension?

Oh sorry, i meant long buffer tube, with spring and rifle weight(long) buffer

This is what i have. It's one you mount A2 stock on (can't put A2 or Magpul PRS on carbine buffer tube)

It's smoother shooting than carbine buffer

Don’t tell your Grandma how to suck eggs.

You can mount the newest gen Magpul PRS stock on a carbine or a rifle tube.

Why are you building a short-barreled .300Blk, and putting the longest damn stock on the market on it? This build keeps getting weirder.

You don’t have to go with a rifle buffer system to get a “smooth shooting” .300Blk. Go with the Vltor A5. Smoother and more reliable than the rifle system, and still allows for a collapsible stock.

That's the thing, really don't like collapsible stocks. A2, Magpul PRS or Moe Rifle I feel are way more solid.

Also what's point of adjustable stock if I am using it at fixed length anyways.

And it's cheaper than adding H2 buffer to carbine, and far cheaper than proprietary A5

As far as length, well.... I an 6.4, with rather long arms. So tailhook on carbine buffer is just too short

Back
Top Bottom