• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

80% lowers $25-$35

Looks like a scam

I don't know, I'm tempted. These funding projects are real, there's been a lot of companies started this way.

The problem is that they don't even have the machinery yet. It would be months before you got your lower.

EDIT: Looks like all other 80% lower makers are back ordered anyway. This deal is looking better.

Last edited:
It's not a scam. You can buy a 80% a lot of places. It's obviously not useable. You have to have it milled out. Saves you a little money. Some people have the knowledge to do it themselves. I'm not sure on the number but you can actually manufacture a certain amount of weapons in your home without a FFL. Like 6 or 10 maybe?

You can not sell any that you make.

Incorrect. You cannot build them with the intent to sell them. But you can build them, and some time later decide to sell. It is all perfectly legal. We went through this whole routine several years ago when building AK47's from kits, and there is ample documentation from the BATFE to support what I am saying.

If you build 10 and turn around and sell 10, you are an unlicensed manufacturer and, if the BATFE takes notice, you will spend time in the big house. If you build 10 and then, a year later, fall on hard times and have to sell one, it is perfectly fine. Need to sell another? still okay. Just remember what it looks like from a juror point of view.

Build them because you love guns and you love building guns for yourself. If at some point you need to sell one... no problem. Just don't go overboard.

Incorrect. You cannot build them with the intent to sell them. But you can build them, and some time later decide to sell. It is all perfectly legal. We went through this whole routine several years ago when building AK47's from kits, and there is ample documentation from the BATFE to support what I am saying.

If you build 10 and turn around and sell 10, you are an unlicensed manufacturer and, if the BATFE takes notice, you will spend time in the big house. If you build 10 and then, a year later, fall on hard times and have to sell one, it is perfectly fine. Need to sell another? still okay. Just remember what it looks like from a juror point of view.

Build them because you love guns and you love building guns for yourself. If at some point you need to sell one... no problem. Just don't go overboard.

You are correct. It falls under investment, collection, personal use ect... Just like when you buy a machine gun for $10,000 and sell it later for $20,000. That would be legal and would not require license to make profit but if you're selling more than one and regularly, that's illegal. Here and there is fine.

Some place makes 80% lowers and pre drills the spots where you drill the pin holes for fire control group. You guys can buy and mfg all of these you want to. I would not even consider making more than 20 or 30 and I would never ever sell those.

I'd be interested if there were a "build party" somewhere reasonable that we could all meet and do as a group... We could chip in to split the cost of the jig and any tool useage.. Just a thought..

Back
Top Bottom