• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

80% lowers $25-$35

I funded one and will get an AR10, AR15, and 2 1911 frame. They are made out of 7075T6 aluminum. They all come with plastic jigs, and if you know what you are doing then you can use a drill press. The jig even has an extra piece used to drill out the fire control group area. Then you can use files and sand paper to smooth it out. I just bought a cheap drill press from Harbor Freight to use for it. I won't get them until mid-June though. I plan on doing pictures of the drilling though. There are plenty of videos on youtube and other places that show how to use a drill press to "mill" the lowers. Here is the link if anyone wants to join too, there are different packages available and most of the early bird specials are gone. http://www.rockethub.com/projects/24384-80-lower-receiver-ar15-ar10-rudius-1911#description-tab

I'd be interested if there were a "build party" somewhere reasonable that we could all meet and do as a group... We could chip in to split the cost of the jig and any tool useage.. Just a thought..

Seriously, what we need is someone with a milling machine to host. If anyone steps up to the plate, I'd be willing to chip in for bits/supplies.

BTW, I'm in for a couple of ar15 lowers and a couple of AR-10 lowers and a couple of 1911 frames.

Seriously, what we need is someone with a milling machine to host. If anyone steps up to the plate, I'd be willing to chip in for bits/supplies.

BTW, I'm in for a couple of ar15 lowers and a couple of AR-10 lowers and a couple of 1911 frames.

Yeah, I wonder if we could rent some machine shop time. A CNC would make quick work of these. One of the companies that makes these lowers out west actually hosts build parties. People just put their lower in and push a button, lol. I'm in for any kind of build party though.

It'd also be good to try and get a group rate on finishing the lowers after the build. I want my own custom engraving but if 10 of us want engravings we might get a deal. Same would go for the anodizing/coating. It might be more trouble than it's worth, but something to think about.

Nah, anodizing is easy mode, all you need is a 12v DC power supply with variable amperage and a few easy to find chemicals and a couple plastic bins, oh and some aluminum wire. :p

im glad more people are getting stoked for this.....im really interested and especially about the anodizing part.......was wondering how to do that myself.

I bought an unfinished and an andonized one. Gonna see if I can mill one out with a mill bit and a drill press. If I screw it up I figure it will make a cool pen holder or something.

Back
Top Bottom