87 ford f150 question

Just had an offer on the truck from a ford tech...seems to think it's a stator control module inside the distributor. If I fix it, I'm bumping the price up to cover repair cost. Wish I could confirm it before trying to get it done!

I may be wrong but I believe on an 87 f150 it is on the drivers side behind the kick panel.

Last edited:
yes, battery is good. I have not changed the cable though. I will do that. the posts are clean though, I did make sure on that.

Years ago I had a truck that acted about like yours is. Nothing I did fixed it until I took a knife to the battery terminals and cable ends and scraped them. Ran good from then on. I had already cleaned the terminals a couple of times with the battery cleaner tool but that did do the job.

Yes i believe lobo1 is correct for the placement of the ecu.
you would need to use a 8mm or 10mm to remove the connector then swap to a new or used ecu they can be found on ebay for a fair price.
just make sure to get the same part number as the one in the truck now.the part number is on the top part of the connector on the ecu.

It is important to make sure the battery terminals are making good connection with the battery some intermittent problems occur with a bad ground, or connection issues.

Last edited:
well I traded it for a 2008 Yamaha golf cart! It's nice too. Has a back seat that folds down into a flat bed to haul stuff. It's electric, so not very fast, but my 7 year old loves it! Now to decide if I keep it, or sell it to put into the Silverado repairs.

Back
Top Bottom