87 ford f150 question

SILVER SQUARE BOX ON ONE OF FENDER WELLS THAT HAS WIRES COMING OUT OF ON 87 CROWN VIC I HAD YEARS AGO WAS BAD. U COULD POUR ICE WATERON IT HOT AND IT WOULD FIRE RIGHT UP. I THINK WIRE MAY HAVE WENT TO DISTRIBUTER . BEEN LOT OF YEARS AGO .

SILVER SQUARE BOX ON ONE OF FENDER WELLS THAT HAS WIRES COMING OUT OF ON 87 CROWN VIC I HAD YEARS AGO WAS BAD. U COULD POUR ICE WATERON IT HOT AND IT WOULD FIRE RIGHT UP. I THINK WIRE MAY HAVE WENT TO DISTRIBUTER . BEEN LOT OF YEARS AGO .

would that be the cylinoid? It connects to the battery, mounted on the fender, but seems too far from distributor...

IMG_0349.JPG

If it was the starter and you changed it out, I hope you went ahead and did the solenoid too. If not then expect more problems with the starter and solenoid shortly.

It does exactly what you described! Acts like battery is weak when I've been driving it.

But the guy I bought it from said he set timing a bit high bc he builds hotrods.
this sounds like a bad ground or battery cable problem....replace them or start by cleaning the post of the battery....your dancing around the problem it sounds like...diode in the alternator will cause this same issue ..after driving for a while it will start to discharge the battery at certain rpms.... have you had it tested?

yes, battery is good. I have not changed the cable though. I will do that. the posts are clean though, I did make sure on that.

yes, battery is good. I have not changed the cable though. I will do that. the posts are clean though, I did make sure on that.
have the alternator checked too..those ya get from the auto zone ..even in the life time warranty still have issues...i went through four before getting one that wouldnt leave me on the side of the road. if the cable is near or lying on the exhaust manifold this will cause the same problem...if its close wrap it in some refractive tape or exhaust wrap for headers

Back
Top Bottom