• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

9-23 Hunt

At about 0830 I had a buck come down in front of me grunting like crazy. Probably 60 yards away but in the thick creek bottow where I couldn't see him. I was able to stop him and turn him around with my grunt tube but he would not come out of the thick stuff.
Teach me more about this. When....when not to use grunt call

:ranger:

Whisky in that coffee cup....

View attachment 1797918

My Son and his friend went to our cabin late Thursday night. His friend got this doe this am. These guys saw 24 deer.. 2 different shooters seen, a bunch of small bucks and does. They said for as hot as it was, and with the full moon, they were surprised to see as many as they did. Saw deer on Friday and Sunday, but both got stitched Sat..

I think as the truth comes out apparently my Woodford Reserve bottle sprung a leak on Friday night... This may explain the deficit of deer seen on Sat am... Not sure either made it the stand...

Biggest buck I’ve ever killed was because a grunt call brought him into range. I’ve brought a ton of deer with it. If I’m hunting I have one around my neck. I only use it if I see a deer and he’s going away from me. I only hit it twice. If no response I’ll do it again a little louder. I hope this helps Leatherhead Leatherhead

I got in my tree yesterday and I felt something on the back of my neck. I smashed it and wiped off my neck and hand. Now I have a big ass rash on my neck. Looks like poison ivey but it was a bug. Im guessing some sort of caterpillar.

Biggest buck I’ve ever killed was because a grunt call brought him into range. I’ve brought a ton of deer with it. If I’m hunting I have one around my neck. I only use it if I see a deer and he’s going away from me. I only hit it twice. If no response I’ll do it again a little louder. I hope this helps Leatherhead Leatherhead
had better luck with bleats and the can but hey whatever works for you stick with it.I have seen smaller bucks run from an aggressive grunt call,and I want all the deer to be relaxed not nervous as a cat

Back
Top Bottom