• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

9-23 Hunt

had better luck with bleats and the can but hey whatever works for you stick with it.I have seen smaller bucks run from an aggressive grunt call,and I want all the deer to be relaxed not nervous as a cat
I keep one of those in my bag too. I’ve never had luck blowing a grunt call blindly and it working but using one when I’ve seen the deer I’ve had great luck. I’ve watched deer turn around 180 degrees and come right back in giving me a shot. After years of bow only hunting it gave me the the extra edge to get them in range.

Good article.

Agreed on all points!

Yeah, I liked this article too. Mike Hanback writes some good ones.

Personally, I’m like most of you, I use it here and there but mainly it’s for trying to turn a buck that’s already otherwise gone. I’ve had some luck here and there with grunting random bucks in, but those encounters are only a few times scattered throughout the course of the last 30 years or so.

Yeah, I liked this article too. Mike Hanback writes some good ones.

Personally, I’m like most of you, I use it here and there but mainly it’s for trying to turn a buck that’s already otherwise gone. I’ve had some luck here and there with grunting random bucks in, but those encounters are only a few times scattered throughout the course of the last 30 years or so.

Alot of it depends on the buck doe ratio. Mike hunts in better places than I do.

Back
Top Bottom