• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm Major

I've not ever seen swollen 9mm cases, like I see all the time in .380, but I've had a few that were really hard to resize. I loaded them-- I probably should have pitched them.

I've not ever seen swollen 9mm cases, like I see all the time in .380, but I've had a few that were really hard to resize. I loaded them-- I probably should have pitched them.

Interesting!
I rarely see deformed 380 cases , except where the slide has bit them.
generally the 380 round is so under loaded by the manufactures that its not at all swollen, of course there still are a lot of cheap, older and post war time 380's floating about and if the chambers are out of spec / or timing is bad enough then thats what happens.
Most all new factory ammo runs well under the SAAMI operating pressure of 21,500 of the 380.

Ive recently acquired an STI based 2011 for uspsa open. I've got a decent load worked up for it. I'm also a member on the enos forum so I've skimmed there for data. Just wanted to see if anyone local is loading it and what your data.

Load data I was given with the gun is the data I've worked up to and tested.

124gr jacketed bullet
7.8gr hs-6
Mixed brass
1.15" oal
Fed small pistol primer
1360fps = 168pf

***Disclaimer this load will blow a gun up not designed for it. Don't try this with your Glock.
Why don't you stop being such a ***** and put some stank on them bullets?

Web link for some tried and maybe true data:

http://www.k8nd.com/ipscload.htm

I use to use the HS-6/w540 loads for major in my G17/SJC Comp.

I use the 9x21 loads as reference in the 9x19, loaded long, work up to it cautiously.
As always, use at your own risk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom