A/c troubles in a Camry. Anyone familiar with Camry's?

Glockspeed31

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Wife' Camry, 2002 model, will run fine for a while and then the ac will stop working. The fan will continue to blow but the ac button on the dash blinks on and off.
We can turn the system off for a minute or so and then turn it back on. It may stay on or it might start the same thing over again.

Anyone familiar with this issue? I'm thinking it's the thermostat sensor.

Check your cabin air filter behind your glove box, that thing will be full of junk try replacing it and see if it helps. Happened to my wife's old 02 camry

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Could also be the compressor relay, very common on Hondas as that's what I'm certified in but as far as the ac button light I'm not sure, could be a problem with the control panel, I know on some camrys they had problems with a wire harness, but I think it's the newer ones..

If that AC light is blinking, there is a fault at the time that light blinks....i.e., the compressor isn't kicking, not enough freon because of small leak, (which is what I would check first by your description) or an electrical problem with a controller/sensor.
Any coolant/therm sensor failure should throw a mil lamp code as well. This is just generic info , tho.

If the Ac cools fine at first, you dont have a freon leak or compressor problem. With the blinking light, the system is picking up a fault. Like already suggested, check and/or change the cabin filter. Your evaporator could be beginning to freeze up due to the resteicted air flow and kicking the system off. Im not sure with the newer cars if that would cause the blinking light but you got to start with the basics.

You tube! Great things for car problems...
.I know when I had a shop, everybody came in there with the phase ...."I was on the net, you tube said...."
I would just smile and get them to fill out the top of the R.O. ... While thinking "why didn't you fix it?"

Back
Top Bottom