• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

a cautionary 2018 turbo tax tale....

eightnsand

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
:frown: Being a good tax paying citizen I used turbo tax on line offered by Usaa. Its easy now with no need for a cpa. you do your work in the cloud any only pay when you file. Problem is they only tell you what you owe at the end. What started out at $40 turned into $120. They figure you got this far who would back out now. They wanted extra to take payment from my small refund being direct deposited . scam! I was able to pay with credit card and to file fed and state was $80+. I will never use them again. They kept sending me emails about finishing it or price would increase. I hope this will save anyone else some grief. Now get paying for those who do not!

yup lots of little sneaky fee's in there. they arnt bad to use as long as you know how to avoid all the damn fee's

I use the PC version.

Man, that's sad about USAA. I'd send in a complaint. That doesn't sound right to me.

:frown: Being a good tax paying citizen I used turbo tax on line offered by Usaa. Its easy now with no need for a cpa. you do your work in the cloud any only pay when you file. Problem is they only tell you what you owe at the end. What started out at $40 turned into $120. They figure you got this far who would back out now. They wanted extra to take payment from my small refund being direct deposited . scam! I was able to pay with credit card and to file fed and state was $80+. I will never use them again. They kept sending me emails about finishing it or price would increase. I hope this will save anyone else some grief. Now get paying for those who do not!

Wait, what? You paid $80 to file state and Fed? Why?? Wow. I use HR Block Deluxe software. $20 and it comes with 5 free fed e-files. One state program return is free but to e-file state is $19.95. So I pay $40 for everything e-filed and return comes back in 2 weeks. And it’s the Deluxe version which lets me do more complex returns like capital gains/loss imports. I buy it early in December when it’s half price.

Back
Top Bottom