• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A failed attempt to have a rational discussion of gun values

Just a few seconds after the butthurt set in, methinks.

Thanks for your concern fellas...the old hiny ain't too sore this beautiful morning!

I changed the title a few hours after I realized some folks thought the thread really was an OFFICAL ODT thread, lol.

Didn't want Steve and the mods inbox to fill up over my facetious attempt to rattle some retail pricer's cages with some rational discussion of used gun values.

I should have known better...but no harm no foul.

Instead of commenting on price in any way, shape, form, or fashion, why don't we look at high priced items and say, "nope", then move on?

Or even more trail blazing, why don't we shoot them a PM offering them what we believe to be a more fair price?

You are a brave man...have you tried that "PM offering a more fair price thing" yet? :ear:

Seriously, that is a very logical, reasonable idea Mr Spock. And I welcome such offers of advice on any of my ads....as long as it is offered in a respectful manner and comes with some experience/evidence to back up the more "fair" price.

JWC and Leatherhead are a couple of the experts I was talking about in my original post.
I would love to have their opinions on every Smith revolver model's values...in a nice little chart with condition %'s.
It would be great...but I would probably still screw up and pay too much or sell too low because I missed something that raised/lowered value to Smith collectors. But a rough guide is better than nothing.

On further reflection, let's forget this thread. JWC and Leatherhead- you guys can just pm me
all your secrets about Smith's.:cool:

JWC and Leatherhead are a couple of the experts I was talking about in my original post.
I would love to have their opinions on every Smith revolver model's values...in a nice little chart with condition %'s.
It would be great...but I would probably still screw up and pay too much or sell too low because I missed something that raised/lowered value to Smith collectors. But a rough guide is better than nothing.

Yeah those two guys are to Smith's like @SafeCracka is to safes... sometimes you gotta get the "Pro from Dover" great line from M*A*S*H

Back
Top Bottom