• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A failed attempt to have a rational discussion of gun values

Actually, this is a good post. And needs discussion. If, as I was, Someone is getting into 3-gun competition and I am looking for a Glock 34 then a Zev trigger and other upgrades are worth something to me. I can either buy a stock 34 and pay for upgrades myself or buy someone else's gun that is already good to go.
However, when I'm selling a customized gun it is my experience that the mods are only worth at most .50c on the dollar. So, a Glock 34 with all the 3-gun upgrades is desirable...I'm just not gonna pay full retail.
To me, whether it's cars, guns or girls....whenever I decide to do custom mods I gotta plan on losing my ass when I sell.
This is the best post in this thread. Firearms ARE similar to cars,bikes,ATVs etc as far as accessories go. Whatever you add to them is something that YOU wanted and the next owner may not. I'll say it again. Too many times we went and looked at someone's $1000.00 Malibu sled and they would show and tell about all the stereo **** and big ugly wheels and how much they paid for them. I would always cut them off and say " Well do you have the original factory parts? Cause we really don't want this other ****."
I've seen that over and over in cars/trucks and a few times with bikes. And the Harley guys really get upset about you not appreciating their tacky bolt on goodies. But yeah you were right. About 50 cents on the dollar is probably the most used accessories of ANY kind are worth. Hell I told one guy to take his same stereo equipment from his car and see what a pawn shop would offer. These days most shops don't want it at all.
Lately I've seen pistols here and on Armslist $50.00/$100.00 higher than new retail. The ONLY way that works out is a good bit of ammo and mags. Same way with AKs. And let's not even get started on ARs.

So is this a thread to ask what my gun is actually worth? How bout this one.....S&W 27-1 3.5" NICKEL. Oh, its the only 27-1 in nickel that is KNOWN in the collector world....

What's it worth, ODT?

:noidea:
View attachment 1084625
Tree fiddy one. I'll drive to you.

Exactly NOT.

I started the thread so I'll be the judge of my "intent".

It was not my intent to "coax people into changing their prices" or to tell someone what their stuff is worth.

I don't give a S... what folks ask for their stuff.

I wanted to discuss what I think some things are worth....and get some other people's opinions.

Last time I checked it was still okay to discuss gun values with fellow enthusiasts as long it was not posted in someone's for sale ad.

If I'm wrong, then say so mods. Guess if I was pricing all my stuff more than new retail this thread would piss me off too. Go price your used Glock for whatever you want...no skin off my nose.
There ya go...

Exactly NOT.

It was not my intent to "coax people into changing their prices" or to tell someone what their stuff is worth.

I wanted to discuss what I think some things are worth....and get some other people's opinions.

Last time I checked it was still okay to discuss gun values with fellow enthusiasts as long it was not posted in someone's for sale ad.

If I'm wrong, then say so mods. Guess if I was pricing all my stuff more than new retail this thread would piss me off too. Go price your used Glock for whatever you want...no skin off my nose.
There ya go...

Exactly NOT.

There ya go...

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Participation Trophies for everyone:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
tmp_32090-pg-5778_1z259947009.jpg
tmp_32090-61DXvK5mzLL._SX355_-1342968732.jpg
tmp_32090-1210088454-10968_full-2099517346.jpg

Back
Top Bottom