• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A failed attempt to have a rational discussion of gun values

Someone please help me understand the whole blue label thing. Why are they worth less?
they are not "worth less". They are the same guns you can go buy anywhere else, with the exception they used to come with one additional magazine over the standard ones. All of my blue labels came with three mags, the one gun i paid full price for came with only two mags.
Blue label denotes that it was sold or is to be sold at a discount through the blue label program which is substantially less than msrp. The blue label discount is available for any active military, EMT, police, fire fighter, or member of the Glock shooting sports foundation. There are a lot of people that are eligible for a blue label gun and never check it out. Every glock you see in a cops holster is a blue label. They are the same gun, just Glock caters to certain groups. Anyone can join the Glock Shooting Sports foundation. Its $35 your first year and $25 every year there after. Once you complete your first year and pay the renewal fee, you get a coupon for one blue label gun with your membership card and it continues the same each year. So anyone can buy a Glock through the blue label program at least once a year once they have been a member for a year.

Reactions: MRH
I NEVER SELL MINE JUST ACQUIRE MORE AND I LOVE PAYING 300-350 FOR A GOOD, BROKE IN USED GLOCK 40... I GUESS IM THE ONLY "40 CAL GLOCK COLLECTOR" ON THE STATE OF GEORGIA. LOL

they are not "worth less". They are the same guns you can go buy anywhere else, with the exception they used to come with one additional magazine over the standard ones. All of my blue labels came with three mags, the one gun i paid full price for came with only two mags.
Blue label denotes that it was sold or is to be sold at a discount through the blue label program which is substantially less than msrp. The blue label discount is available for any active military, EMT, police, fire fighter, or member of the Glock shooting sports foundation. There are a lot of people that are eligible for a blue label gun and never check it out. Every glock you see in a cops holster is a blue label. They are the same gun, just Glock caters to certain groups. Anyone can join the Glock Shooting Sports foundation. Its $35 your first year and $25 every year there after. Once you complete your first year and pay the renewal fee, you get a coupon for one blue label gun with your membership card and it continues the same each year. So anyone can buy a Glock through the blue label program at least once a year once they have been a member for a year.
I qualify and have bought a few. I sold one on here not too long ago. People said they are blems, retail is lower so used value is lower blah blah blah. Probably just trying to get a better price. I didn't know if there was any truth to the blem thing. Mine don't look blemished.

I always sell for the low-low because I'm impatient AF. 950 investment? Masterfully taken care of? Yeah I'll get rid of that for 500, half a can of kodiak and some feedback. I also take rolled change, and always drive to wherever zero complaints, and I totally got your six while you're checking the merchandise and we're navigating a transaction. Super Deals Yo

Except this is NOT Kelly Blue book or NADA but, an UNOFICCIAL non sanctioned post for which the intent is to coax people into changing their prices to sell their personal items at a suggested price by some people.

I don't believe for a minute that this so called Official post has been sanctioned by the owners of the ODT nor, is it in anyway official anything but peoples personal opinions. Although I can agree that some items are price inflated, there is nothing or anyone here that can or should attempt to tell anyone how much their stuff is worth, Unsolicited.

Easy, easy...the thread title is completely tongue-in -cheek. I just started it really to get an idea of what my Troy rail might be worth. I do like the idea of getting some opinions on value before listing.

Obviously it's a free country and you can list your stuff at whatever price makes you happy.

I just like the idea of getting some expert advice before listing so that it might actually sell.

I would really appreciate any opinions as to the value of a Troy chassis.

Then we can close this thread and get some folks panties out of a wad.

Except this is NOT Kelly Blue book or NADA but, an UNOFICCIAL non sanctioned post for which the intent is to coax people into changing their prices to sell their personal items at a suggested price by some people.

I don't believe for a minute that this so called Official post has been sanctioned by the owners of the ODT nor, is it in anyway official anything but peoples personal opinions. Although I can agree that some items are price inflated, there is nothing or anyone here that can or should attempt to tell anyone how much their stuff is worth, Unsolicited.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom