• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A failed attempt to have a rational discussion of gun values

Near as I can tell the one I have goes for around $1100 new.

I'm asking $750 for mine.

I'm not knowledgeable on these items, but I can think of a few things to consider.

- is yours the current model/version?
- if not, is your version different in a way that could be more or less desirable than the current model?

Exactly NOT.

I started the thread so I'll be the judge of my "intent".

It was not my intent to "coax people into changing their prices" or to tell someone what their stuff is worth.

I don't give a S... what folks ask for their stuff.

I wanted to discuss what I think some things are worth....and get some other people's opinions.

Last time I checked it was still okay to discuss gun values with fellow enthusiasts as long it was not posted in someone's for sale ad.

If I'm wrong, then say so mods. Guess if I was pricing all my stuff more than new retail this thread would piss me off too. Go price your used Glock for whatever you want...no skin off my nose.

I'm not knowledgeable on these items, but I can think of a few things to consider.

- is yours the current model/version?
- if not, is your version different in a way that could be more or less desirable than the current model?

Thanks, that is what I was asking. I can't tell from pics and don't know that much about them.
You can look at my ad....if you can tell anything that dates it let me know.

I would really appreciate any opinions as to the value of a Troy chassis.

Then we can close this thread and get some folks panties out of a wad.

If this was your original intent, why didn't you just ask about the Troy rail? Nothing tongue in cheek about asking.

Exactly NOT.

I started the thread so I'll be the judge of my "intent".

It was not my intent to "coax people into changing their prices" or to tell someone what their stuff is worth.

I don't give a S... what folks ask for their stuff.

I wanted to discuss what I think some things are worth....and get some other people's opinions.

Last time I checked it was still okay to discuss gun values with fellow enthusiasts as long it was not posted in someone's for sale ad.

If I'm wrong, then say so mods. Guess if I was pricing all my stuff more than new retail this thread would piss me off too. Go price your used Glock for whatever you want...no skin off my nose.

Now don't get your panties in a wad... :boink::yield:

The underlying problem with gun value is that we try to measure that value with something that has no inherent value, i.e. the USD. It is like trying to measure length with a rubber yardstick.

The solution is simple, if you want to sell something, price it to sell based on the reality of the current targeted market. Many of the buyers in our gun market are just plain broke, and those that are not broke, are not willing to pay retail for much of anything.

There seems to be a veil of an "entitlement mentality" on both sides, buyers and sellers.

Back
Top Bottom