• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A folding Glock 43

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
"Hold on there Mr. Mugger... let me fish this thing out of my pocket and unfold it..."

790484a1.jpg

I really don't understand the point of this other than novelty, to say it can be done? Looks pretty fragile to me. What do you think?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/7...mpatible-with-glock-43-10-round-polymer-black

OOOOOKKKK! I seriously thought this was a joke somebody had photoshopped to poke fun at the folding "cell phone" .22 pistol. So, now that I know it's real I have 2 questions:

1) Why? (the obvious question, and)

2) Does anybody have video of the product pitch meeting? It has got to be unintentional comedy gold! :becky:

OOOOOKKKK! I seriously thought this was a joke somebody had photoshopped to poke fun at the folding "cell phone" .22 pistol. So, now that I know it's real I have 2 questions:

1) Why? (the obvious question, and)

2) Does anybody have video of the product pitch meeting? It has got to be unintentional comedy gold! :becky:

Yeah I don't know. This has got to add at least 1-3 seconds at the minimum to your draw stroke and presentation, and I doubt it can be done one handed.

The other thing that seems weird to me is lots of Glock users dislike platforms with a manual safety because they're afraid they'll forget to swipe it off or "it's one more thing to go wrong". This seems to add a lot more steps to remember and multiple things that can go wrong.

When you 'draw' you have to be sure it's oriented correctly for unfolding it.
You have to be sure the hinge is fully locked.
Shirttail can get caught in the hinge.
Can random pieces of pocket debris get in the hinge and stop it?
They say it's safe to carry with one in the chamber but no one in the video does.

I guess it would 'stash' in a glove box or console a little better but it feels like a solution looking for a problem. If anybody can enlighten me on this, please do.

Back
Top Bottom