• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDAWG1958

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
27   0
Reaction score
I have been in a debate with Steve Okumma about some negative feedback I recieved on a purchase I didnt make, he has finally told me that there has to be a poll from the members to get negative feedback removed. After much thought I decided to put it out there for a vote as to whether I deserve the negative feedback or not, well here's the story to the best of my recolection

I did (in haste) post " I Will Take It " ,on a model that had escaped my grasp twice before, this was on Wed.3/16 at 8:16 am , That morning we aggreed to meet for a "LOOK", on Sat. 3/19, as I had never held one or seen one in person and I was 99% sure I wanted it.
on thursday 3/17 at 7:56am (more than 2 days before our scheduled meet to "LOOK" at the gun)I pm'd him and emailed him, that I was sorry but I had bought a new one for less than he was asking for his used one. I then told him that there were two other guys on the post saying they wanted it and he should have no trouble selling it.
He immediately became ugly and beligerent, said he didnt beleive I had bought one , said he didnt trust me to begin with.
A few minutes later he posted that the gun was for sale again (Buyer backed out), and within a few minutes he had sold the gun to one of the guys that had expressed interest.
About an hour later I got a harrasing pM from ( Another "super moderator" ) about the issue, and then I had Negative feedback for the deal posted to my profile.

I contend that after telling the seller (A "super moderator" ) that I wasnt 100% sure I wanted it in our initial communication and wanted to look at it, then to notify him a full two days before the meet to "LOOK" , and the fact that he sold the gun within the hour after me telling him I didnt want it.
I should not get negative feedback for the attempt at a deal, regardless of why i didnt buy.

The seller ( A super Moderator) will push the point that I supposedly lied about buying one,He will say i called the gun store you say you got it at and they said they didnt have any, I contend that I didnt lie, There is more than one way to skin a cat, and thats all im gonna say about it.

But The reason for not buying isnt the issue, The issue is, that I told him (Admittedly after saying Id take it in my first post) That I was unsure and had never seen one and needed to look at it just to be sure I wanted it, secondly that I informed him a full two day's before the meet to look that I didnt want it, But that two other guys did. And thirdly he then sold the gun to one of those guys within the hour, I SHOULD NOT GET NEGATIVE FEED BACK FOR THIS! ..

You guys decide and I will let it go at that. Steve, I hope this is what you meant by Poll?

I had someone say they would take one from me about a month back and they backed out.I'm not going to ruin their feedback for it.I just won't have anymore dealings with this person.So no I don't think is right to leave bad feedback.Just my thoughts.

I have had just the opposite, after an I'll take it the seller sold it to someone else!
I didn't leave negative feedback, and quite frankly, I likely wouldn't in your case either.

But- the seller does have that right in this case imo if they choose to do so mainly due to your "I'll take it".

Sorry bro, I feel your pain on this one, but... Your word is your word. If it would have been for a reason, other than I found one cheaper, then I might agree with you. Some concession might be made with the original seller, if he is a reasonable man, to remove the negative feedback...

I have been in the same situation. I said I`ll take and then seen something else or the same firearm for a better price. The only difference I followed through with my offer. If I didn't I would expect negative feedback. I consider anyone I do business with to do it with the same respect I give.... I have been burnt once.... not on ODT. I did not do a good job of inspection and the firearm is a wall hanger unsafe to fire IMHO. But the thing is I followed through and blame no one but myself...

Last edited:
Let me put it this way, if the "seller" had called two days before and said that he had decided to keep it, would you have given him negative feedback. Oh, by the way, the "seller" did not really keep it. He sold it to someone else for more money. You found that out because you called around and spoke with several of our members and they told you the "seller" had indeed sold it! Would you then give him negative feedback? And if you would give the seller negative feedback, then you have to give GDAWG1958 negative feedback. I you would not give the "seller" negative feedback, then you cannot in all good conscience give GDAWG1958 negative feedback. This is assuming that the above post about what happened is correct. Because the seller is a mod, or super mod, or whatever, does not really matter. The seller is just the seller, nothing more. I have to admit that "I will take it" to me, constitutes a deal, but how many times on here have we seen that a deal is not a deal until it is completed. Based on what I have read, I do not feel negative feedback is justified. Criticism, yes, public humiliation yes, negative feedback no.

What does it matter if you bought another or not?
If you said you were unsure and wanted to look before firmly committing and changed your mind for whatever reason with reasonable notice to prevent major inconvenience (2 days is certainly enough)..Then I wouldn't give you a negative, heck I don't commit to buying anything of moderate value without an in person view.
Now , people will get on here with this or that about whether I'm right or wrong and I'm not going to play that game.
You asked a question and based on the facts as you presented them ..my vote would be NO, you shouldn't get negative feed back.

What constitutes a legal verbal contract folks?

As far as I'm concerned, "I'll take it", without any caveats included, constitutes a commitment to buy/trade plain & simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom