• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the seller's end a couple times. Never left bad feedback or wrote anything rude to the prospective buyer, but both times I was frosted, and I would not deal with the person again. I, myself, have backed out once at a meet. The weapon was simply not as advertised. Cracked stock, rusted/pitted bore, awful refinish job on the exterior. Bought the guy's gas for coming to show it to me, and said so long. No bad feedback left, though I would have understood if he had.

Anyway,

As the seller in this situation, I would not have left bad feedback. Just doesn't seem polite. Furthermore, as the prospective buyer, I would ave been pretty surprised to receive bad feedback. However, if he thought it was necessary... you did say you'd take it.

My 2 cents on this is that we(everyone on this site) are on the "Honor" system. I have had very positive experiences with the actual deals made here and have held up my end whether buying or selling. The biggest frustration is not whether someone backs out of a deal but that they just stop corresponding though they say things like "interested" or "sounds good" or "will try to get it from you this weekend". Courtesy and reliance on everyones character is in my opinion the positive aspect of most that play and sell/buy here. "I'll Take It" sounds like a deal has been struck but circumstances may prevent the deal from going through-family emergency, God help that a financial emergency happens to anyone. I voted "Yes" previously in the poll but have thought about it more and would probably not vote either way now. I think that the "moderator" should be just that-"A Moderator" not in just categorizing things but in understanding that life changes on a dime(if yours has not-get ready, it's your turn next) and that we do not live in the Garden Of Eden. A little benefit of the doubt is healthy sometimes and a gentle answer turns away wrath or anger. After thinking about it I am going to change my position to "moderate" and not blackball or hurt someone because things did not work out the way I thought that they should. My negative feedback is going to be reserved for blatant disregard and completely stopping a transaction communication for no reason(disappearing though they are still on line). This is more frustrating than someone actually explaining that something changed-at least they told you what happened! I love this site!

Last edited:
I'll take it means I'll take. If it's not as advertised then all bets are off. 2 days cancellation in advance does not constituted negative feedback. Moderators I think are jokes. I got shafted out of a gun yesterday I don't care but it is BS. So what makes you first, a pm or a post???

I had a guy on here who talked about buying a "old" gun from me and never emailed me back to say yes or no if he wanted it and left me hanging. That's cool with me, but I'll NEVER deal with him again. You cannot say "I'll take it" and not follow through on the deal and this is why I sometimes add "serious buyers only" in my ad's.

I'll take it means just that. unless the gun is not as described upon the meeting. Personally I would not have left negative feedback but he had every right to.

Old thread, but an important one. You can not post " I'll take it" and back out ever! I've posted " I'll take it" hastily,I knew I could get it cheaper after I committed,it was over $1000.00 and I still purchased it. My impulsive nature,my consequences. Live up to your commitments.

I'll take it means I'll take. If it's not as advertised then all bets are off. 2 days cancellation in advance does not constituted negative feedback. Moderators I think are jokes. I got shafted out of a gun yesterday I don't care but it is BS. So what makes you first, a pm or a post???

It doesn't matter who is first, all that matters is who finalized a deal. There is no rule where I have to sell to someone because they replied first. But if they say I'll take it and I say you got it, then we are both on the hook for the deal.

Just curious, how are the moderators jokes? Would just like some clarification. If it is because of the policy itself then I would be the joke, not the moderators, they have nothing to do with setting the final rules.

This thread has been dead for a while so I'm going to close it. If anyone wants to continue the discussion feel free, but I imagine Gdawg would like to see this thread die already! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom