• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the negative feed back should stand. Over the last couple of months I have had several complaints of deals not completed after an agreement.
If an item is not as described should be the only reason a deal is not completed. Unless the buyer AND seller mutually agree to suspend the trade, for unusual circumstances.
Hopefully this thread will open a few eyes and trading will be even better with the increased awareness.

I have been quick with an "I'll take it" in the past, luckily the deal went great and I was satisfied. Its always tough when you see something you want and know there will be other people to grab it the second you wait to think.

There's the escape clause of "Pending review", since you found another one (newer) for less, the actual physical review was no longer required.

Based on what everyone else seems to be saying, you should have
(1) Gone to the meet
(2) Said you didn't like the condition
(3) Said you found out it was over priced
(4) And gone away happy and content because you kept your word to meet

Knowing you wasted his time?

And he sold it for his price and isn't happy? I think you should be allowed to leave "Spoiled brat" feedback for him

There's the escape clause of "Pending review", since you found another one (newer) for less, the actual physical review was no longer required.

Based on what everyone else seems to be saying, you should have
(1) Gone to the meet
(2) Said you didn't like the condition
(3) Said you found out it was over priced
(4) And gone away happy and content because you kept your word to meet

Knowing you wasted his time?

And he sold it for his price and isn't happy? I think you should be allowed to leave "Spoiled brat" feedback for him

No, what he should have done is not said "I'll take it" if he wasn't sure he wanted it.

No, what he should have done is not said "I'll take it" if he wasn't sure he wanted it.

This. Sorry, I've done trades or sales with people from GON, and GeorgiaPacking for every firearm I currently own. The only way I'd break a deal after saying "I'll take it!" is if the seller grossly mis-represented the condition of the piece.

Actually, I'm doing a deal first thing tomorrow morning. Even though I never stated "I'll take it" at any point in our conversation, unless the seller is obviously trying to screw me, I'll still do the deal even if while driving to the meet someone offered me the same package for half the price. I've basically given my word that I'll purchase just by setting up the meet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom