• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A more REALISTIC dry fire training session

So i have been using the dry fire mag for over a month now and my initial impressions/ views on it have changed...

I like it even more than i thought i would and find it very beneficial!!! I have set the tension of the spring in the dry fire mag to give a slightly heavier trigger pull than my stock glock 19 (but have the same reset on it) to work the trigger finger control and been doing various drills with the mag in training. This helps with trigger control and not disrupting sight picture when firing as well as other benefits to aid in better shooting. When i take the dry fire mag out, i still have the stock glock trigger pull. No modifications to my pistol. Just wanted to do a follow up now that i have had it for a while. I do not regret the purchase at all. Dry firing off reset, i am really getting a "feel" for the trigger pull and reset. Also, they now have one for the M&P pistols.

So i have been using the dry fire mag for over a month now and my initial impressions/ views on it have changed...

I like it even more than i thought i would and find it very beneficial!!! I have set the tension of the spring in the dry fire mag to give a slightly heavier trigger pull than my stock glock 19 (but have the same reset on it) to work the trigger finger control and been doing various drills with the mag in training. This helps with trigger control and not disrupting sight picture when firing as well as other benefits to aid in better shooting. When i take the dry fire mag out, i still have the stock glock trigger pull. No modifications to my pistol. Just wanted to do a follow up now that i have had it for a while. I do not regret the purchase at all. Dry firing off reset, i am really getting a "feel" for the trigger pull and reset. Also, they now have one for the M&P pistols.

Glad to hear that it is working out! Seems like a no brainer training investment! I could have gotten several for of those for what I paid for this:
20170928_100034.jpg

This must be what all the people on TV and in the movies are running when their Glock runs out of ammo.

The slide never locks back and the Glock "clicks" over and over as they repeatedly pull the trigger.

Now if I could just figure out how they get their Glock to make that revolver cocking sound every time they point it at somebody all of my questions will be answered.
:pound:

So for what its worth, the dry fire mag website has a Christmas code for 10 dollars off and free shipping. In addition to the training i do with this device in my at home training sessions, its a constant companion to the gun range with several snap caps as well.

I was a 1911 fan for a number of years. I switched to Glocks because my farm gun and most shot handgun is a revolver. I find the manual of arms and trigger manipulation so similar on a DA revolver and a Glock that there is no hitch moving from one to another. The Glock is superior as a carry weapon because of capacity. I run my dry fire drills with a S&W revolver.

I got myself a Mantis X trainer the other day after trying out a buddies. It works on dry firing, live firing, pistol and rifle. Cell phone app give real time feedback and allows you to track your progress. I figured it will pay for itself in about 3 sessions of dry firing vs going to the range. Mounting it to different guns also allows you to see what you shoot best (matches live fire for me pretty close). The little SOB will catch and flag out your bad habits quickly and show you why your shot was off. It has no mercy and is worse than your wife on this. Unfortunately, there is not a setup for revolvers as I would like to use in on my wheel guns also.
https://mantisx.com/ $149 from Optics Planet with free shipping.

I got myself a Mantis X trainer the other day after trying out a buddies. It works on dry firing, live firing, pistol and rifle. Cell phone app give real time feedback and allows you to track your progress. I figured it will pay for itself in about 3 sessions of dry firing vs going to the range. Mounting it to different guns also allows you to see what you shoot best (matches live fire for me pretty close). The little SOB will catch and flag out your bad habits quickly and show you why your shot was off. It has no mercy and is worse than your wife on this. Unfortunately, there is not a setup for revolvers as I would like to use in on my wheel guns also.
https://mantisx.com/ $149 from Optics Planet with free shipping.

I have heard good things bout this device from others also

Back
Top Bottom