• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A new line of vehicles, from Canoo. Who...?

I hate that we're so political now days that something like an electric vehicle has gotta be leftist.

Electric vehicles are the future, and not because they're greener or more eco friendly, but because they have the potential to outperform gas and diesel in every way. Racing, off road, torque, you name it electric will out do gas and diesel at everything.
Except range and towing

no electric vehicle will go more than 150-175 miles and then you gotta find a charger that’s vacant and actually works .

hook a trailer behind an electric vehicle and see how far you get

the article on the recent Car & Driver where they took every available electric vehicle on a 1000 mile road trip was very interesting .

Except range and towing

no electric vehicle will go more than 150-175 miles and then you gotta find a charger that’s vacant and actually works .

the article on the recent Car & Driver where they took every available electric vehicle on a 1000 mile road trip was very interesting .
It will be interesting to see how we adapt to the changing demand once we start a faster shift from fuel stations to charging stations.

I worked at many gas stations, A busy gas station with 12-18 pumps can easily have most pumps in use consistently during peak hours. This is with cars only taking 5 minutes to fill up and free up a pump again. A person may run inside but they’re coming right back, because a fuel up is a quick visit.

if it’s going to take hours to charge a vehicle, people may plug them in and go shopping or go to sleep (hotel) etc…so they charger may be in use for hours up to overnight before someone else can use it. Are there going to be charging parking decks?

Except range and towing

The vast majority of gas vehicles don't tow either, but in the very near future, there will be an electric truck that will out tow every gas/diesel truck on the market. The future is now old man.

And the newest Tesla's will go 400 miles on a full charge. It's pretty simple really, just charge you car over night and having to fuel up during the day is non issue.

Well while y'all are charging your green leaf cars, I'll be down the road in my piston and fossil fuel driven vehicle. When traveling I like to stay behind the wheel and get where I'm going instead of reading a book on the side of the road. Also my battery replacement doesn't cost as much as a car replacement. How is that saving money? Sounds like a money pit like everything else these days. I need a vehicle that can go 800 miles in a day. And some day, maybe even soon they will. But that battery replacement is going to be a killer. Maybe in time they'll have it more affordable. But for now and the foreseeable future I will stick with what I have.

The vast majority of gas vehicles don't tow either, but in the very near future, there will be an electric truck that will out tow every gas/diesel truck on the market. The future is now old man.

And the newest Tesla's will go 400 miles on a full charge. It's pretty simple really, just charge you car over night and having to fuel up during the day is non issue.
They can not make an electric vehicle that can tow like a gas or diesel.
And won’t be able to make one in my lifetime.

it’s just virtue signaling and BS for the media attention.
Sure a
Battery powered pickup might have more
Power but It can’t go 5 hours or 200 miles even without towing .
Hook a camper or bobcat or a flat deck with another vehicle on it , the electric truck of the future wont go 60 miles before it needs a three hour recharge .

read the recent article in car and driver where they took every currently available electric vehicle on a 1000 mile cross
Country trip.

finding chargers is and will
Continue to be a huge huge problem for the next 20 years .

electric vehicles are great for city driving and short commutes. But useless for anything else .

Live in Atlanta suburbs and wanna go to the mountains for the weekend?
You gonna be renting a gas powered car.

or visit your family in a rural area ?
Every podunk town has plenty of gas stations , but do they have fast chargers ?

hybrids are great but GM made
Some hybrid Yukon’s a few
Years ago and stopped making them
It reduced the gas consumption by 25-30%
And increasing an suv from 15 mpg to 20 mpg saves the same amount of gas as increasing a car from 35 mpg to 50 mpg

i will wait while you do the math ….

a regular gas station with multiple
Dispensers can fuel a lot of cars per hour , even a small gas station. With 4 dispensers can handle 6-8 vehicles at once , and it takes less than 5 minutes to fill a 30 gallon tank and be back on the road .

plus there’s the cost.

18 Months ago I paid $3500 for a nice one owner 4wd expedition with 89k
Miles on the clock

there is no way I will every pay $50-70 k for an electric 4wd full size four door pickup or suv
It just ain’t gonna happen ,
Not when I can buy a nice used gas guzzling suv for $3,500

my wife could use an electric car
For Her 45 minute 8 mile commute , but she’s driving a 21 year old car with 250k on the clock, that we paid $5000 for , 13 years ago .
And I suddenly gonna pay $50-60k for an electric car that’s useless for anything over 70 miles away?

money of my co workers came out to
A job site to help one day.
They live downtown Atlanta and drive a Nissan Leaf ,
Once they got to the job site in north Bartow county, they realized they didn’t have enough battery left to get back home. They had to drive 7 miles to Cartersville and find a charger that actually worked, and was not occupied and wait 50 minutes to get enough charge to get back home

one charger costs over $100k each for the install and takes almost one hour to charge the car. And in reality it takes a lot longer , because when you arrive there will likely be a car charging and one waiting ,
And the drivers won’t be waiting at the car , they will be eating at a nearby restaurant or sleeping in a nearby motel and their car will block the charger for several hours .

this is the same situation at truck stops , the new hours of service and they have to take a 30 minute break on the electronic log book.

if they release the parking brake on the truck before a full 30 minutes has elapsed, it doesn’t count as a 30 min break and they must do it again.
So they fuel and sit and block the dispensers for a full 31 minutes,

Back
Top Bottom