• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A newbies breakdown on reloading cost...

Yep Saves a bunch and a great hobby too

Now that stuff is paid for my numbers

9mm .13-.14 ea depending on projectile
45 ACP .16-.19 ea
38 spec .13-16
357mag .26-.28
300 Blk plinker .28
300 blk super ..38
300 blk sub. .52
308 plinker .42
308 match .58
45/70 strong .48
45/70 cowboy .38

Now if I could just reload 22LR

Just think of the savings with casting your projectiles ! Been at it for 35-+yrs ???my dad taught me. Also,he left me some molds that hasn't been made in 25-30 yrs....good stuff ! It's as fun and economical as to how deep you want to go. Like posted above, I didn't know about the ammo rush for a year or so after it was on !

Fool, do it for a decent caliber like 357 mag or 44 mag cost is cut in half if not more from the rip

Yeah, ok. Here are some of what I load.

a1.jpg

Last edited:
Just think of the savings with casting your projectiles ! Been at it for 35-+yrs ???my dad taught me. Also,he left me some molds that hasn't been made in 25-30 yrs....good stuff ! It's as fun and economical as to how deep you want to go. Like posted above, I didn't know about the ammo rush for a year or so after it was on !

I would not mind casting my own, but I struggle to find good time to reload right now. And my glocks are not found of the all lead stuff.

Be careful how involved you become. You might find that your retirement is sitting comfortably on your work bench.

Back
Top Bottom