• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A question about suppressors and back order...

Looking at my photos of my Dead Air Cans, three of the four are marked "KGMADE", including the newest one, although I guess DA could be subcontracting to multiple manufacturers. That latest one would have been manufactured in maybe December 2022.

I do suspect that at least a par of this is "Kimber Syndrome" - DA are one of the biggest (I was going to say manufacturers) - silencer companies out there, so some of the recent bad reputation could just be that they simply have a lot more cans out there in total.

That being said, when you spend that kind of money and wait that kind of time for a can, even if DA's Customer Service is excellent, it would be a disappointment to have to ship a can back to them for a defect.

Looking at my photos of my Dead Air Cans, three of the four are marked "KGMADE", including the newest one, although I guess DA could be subcontracting to multiple manufacturers. That latest one would have been manufactured in maybe December 2022.

I do suspect that at least a par of this is "Kimber Syndrome" - DA are one of the biggest (I was going to say manufacturers) - silencer companies out there, so some of the recent bad reputation could just be that they simply have a lot more cans out there in total.

That being said, when you spend that kind of money and wait that kind of time for a can, even if DA's Customer Service is excellent, it would be a disappointment to have to ship a can back to them for a defect.
DA is putting out a lot of trash. And then provide zero support. KGM took over all of thr manufacturing and service a couple years ago. Been a hot mess since. The DA contract was large enough that KGM products are no longer made by KGM as they contracted their lines to some company in FL.

I used to have respect for KGM. No longer. Same with DA.

Bearing all this in mind OP. I'm a Thinderbeast convert. Their cans are expensive but the fit and finish are better than any can on the market and they are super lightweight and quiet. The only downsides are they are gassy on semi autos and aren't super high fire volume cans. You won't be sorry getting and ultra series. If the extra 2 inches and girth don't bother you (giggity) look at the magnus. It is dumb quiet on boltguns and rated for 300 Norma mag.

Not sure if anyone has posted this but I'm pretty sure I got an email (i'm a Thunderbeast dealer) that said the ultra series was in stock and ready to ship for most of them. I'd have to double check on models but from the quick glance I gave it they had most of everything ready to go on a form 3. Just an FYI.

I love my Thunderbeast cans!

One word... Griffin. For centerfire cans they are my go-to.

My only issue with them is they update their stuff so often you can feel lost. Not just the cans but the various mounting systems to boot. Cans go in and out of their line up like winter snows.

They are contently improving everything they make, but it's impossible to keep current with their stuff. By the time you get your stamp approved they already have an updated version, or whole new model to replace what you bought.

That being said, I've never had an issue with any of their products. They make all their stuff themselves and I've never heard of anyone having a support issue.

I've also been impressed with Huxworks (was 'OSS') stuff so far. Good quality and the pretty much invented the 'low backpressure' category of cans. Never used their support but so far I've been really happy with their products.

Back
Top Bottom