• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Dogs........Rant Warning!

I had a half pit half jack squirrel dog for years. Best dog I ever had. He was about 40lbs of electric muscle. Would kill any vermin in sight, sound, or smell. Killed cats, coyotes..yes coyotes, coons, possums, armadillos, and fighting roosters(my buddies) - was also a great squirrel dog. Used to take him to our hunting camp and drop the tailgate. We had a feral cat problem. The fighting and killing was epic. Damn I miss that dog.

I had a half pit half jack squirrel dog for years. Best dog I ever had. He was about 40lbs of electric muscle. Would kill any vermin in sight, sound, or smell. Killed cats, coyotes..yes coyotes, coons, possums, armadillos, and fighting roosters(my buddies) - was also a great squirrel dog. Used to take him to our hunting camp and drop the tailgate. We had a feral cat problem. The fighting and killing was epic. Damn I miss that dog.
A pit mix with rat terrier and you would need a permit to own one.

Wow...this is far worse than I thought it would be. Coming home this evening without my daily routine with those dogs is very high up on the suck factor scale. Just dang!

Wow...this is far worse than I thought it would be. Coming home this evening without my daily routine with those dogs is very high up on the suck factor scale. Just dang!

I have had dogs most of my life. for the last 35 yrs I have always had at lest one Lab. my last one died and I thought about just moving on and not getting another, 8 days later, I asked my wife if she was up for getting another dog, she said "I thought you'd never ask".

Best move I have made in a long time, the little guy is settling right in.

It is a wild guess but I bet those dogs are missing you. There were treated like royalty and surrounded with affection all day. Now they likely wait for the daughter and boyfriend to come home and may be bored out of their minds. They may start acting up and your daughter may ask for you help again. Say yes and tell her to get herself a couple of cats. They are easily to leave all day and take care of.

Man, I gotta say that's a beautifully sad but wonderful "rant". I'm mucho impressed with your openness with not only "Thing 1" but to do it again with "Thing 2" (lol)! Then to go to the effort to help them adjust, and under less than ideal circumstances with the backgrounds...And fully understand the letdown when they have to move on. :( My respect and sympathy's.

Back
Top Bottom