• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AAC prodigy .22 silencer or ????

The only order you have to keep in mind is the blast baffle, which has two indented marks on the shoulder of the baffle. The rest can be stacked in any placement and order. - Hayden from SWR
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=96879

In all honesty, register on silencertalk and here what the most dedicated suppressor guys have to say, they can answer all these questions and have way more know how than we do on ODT for the most part.

I bought the Thompson machine Isis 22 because of how cheap it was (got a good deal ). I've had zero issues out of my isis 2 9mm can. I tested cleaning my aluminum Isis2 can with an ultrasonic cleaner ON LOW with mean green and water. Its worked out great with zero damage to my can. I don't care for heavy suppressors but don't let weight be the only set back. Its hard to beat stainless steel

I bought the Thompson machine Isis 22 because of how cheap it was (got a good deal ). I've had zero issues out of my isis 2 9mm can. I tested cleaning my aluminum Isis2 can with an ultrasonic cleaner ON LOW with mean green and water. Its worked out great with zero damage to my can. I don't care for heavy suppressors but don't let weight be the only set back. Its hard to beat stainless steel

I'm ready for my Isis22. ...how much longer? !?!

Yea, but the weight on the stainless 22 cans is still very light, the aluminum 22 can are freaken feathers.

How many rounds before you have to clean the can?

As Twitch said it depends. But to give you an idea, below is a pick of an aluminum unicore. It is not the Prodigy because I rarely shoot screw on 22 cans anymore (integral 22 is the only way to go IMHO), but you get the idea. I do not keep a round count, but it has been 3 - 4 months since the last cleaning, and I have easily put 300+ rounds through it.

You may not be able to tell from the pic, but the minor amount of buildup can be easily scraped off with a toothbrush. Most of it is just flaking off now, and fell out when I unscrewed the core. Since I opened it, I spread a little more bore butter on it, and I probably will not clean it for another several hundred+ rounds.

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_core_zps27091bed.jpg

I say get a Liberty Essence. It's expensive but this thing will be your baby for life. The cost averaging of owning it the rest of your life will make the extra upfront cost insignificant. I have a gen 1 and waiting on a gen 2. I also own a sparrow and a huntertown arms 22. The sparrow is a great can as well. As Lax said, I would stay clear of Al cans. Regardless of what you think about the limited cleaning methods, options are always a good thing.

People in general complain about AAC because of a documented drop-off in customer service and silencer mount issues not because people hate AAC for the hell of it.

I wouldn't dare use the dip, most people worry about the lead salts generated (mainly Pb acetate) but mixing H2O2 and Acetic Acid (or any organic acid) and you will render a per-acid and I want no part of that, even at the low concentrations. There are better options, I'm working on a better chemical options but it's going slow because I don't have extra can lying around to test on. The dip works for getting it shiny new clean, which isn't necessary for me.

If you like the AAC product, go for it, but check out a few more before jumping in. Just my $0.02

I'm ready for my Isis22. ...how much longer? !?!

No telling. Mine should be in this month woot !

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, but the weight on the stainless 22 cans is still very light, the aluminum 22 can are freaken feathers.

I like feathers . Nothing worse then a front heavy pistol

I put about 1500 consecutive rounds through my TM Zephyr (aluminum), all full auto, on a 5" barrel upper (pistol equivalent). Took me about 30s to get the core out, and about 10-15m to clean it.

WUT.

In all honesty OP, look at a spectre II for best suppression/ease of cleaning ratio, sparrow for best size/cleaning ratio, HTA G22SS for best cost/cleaning ratio, TM Zephyr L for best weight/cost/awesomeness ratio. It wont be your last can. Everyone buys more. Get what will make you happy.

I put about 1500 consecutive rounds through my TM Zephyr (aluminum), all full auto, on a 5" barrel upper (pistol equivalent). Took me about 30s to get the core out, and about 10-15m to clean it.

WUT.

In all honesty OP, look at a spectre II for best suppression/ease of cleaning ratio, sparrow for best size/cleaning ratio, HTA G22SS for best cost/cleaning ratio, TM Zephyr L for best weight/cost/awesomeness ratio. It wont be your last can. Everyone buys more. Get what will make you happy.

You know that Zephr may have been easy to clean, but at least it didn't come with an AAC price tag, their aluminum must have unicorn piss in it.

You know that Zephr may have been easy to clean, but at least it didn't come with an AAC price tag, their aluminum must have unicorn piss in it.

I heard they get santa claus to come bless each and every can, but they refused him access to their mounts.

If this thread proves anything to me, it's that the OP should go try and demo as many as possible. There have been a number of owners/dealers on here with a good knowledge of suppressors say something entirely different than the other. Use that as a starting point and go see/shoot as many as possible. Then decide what's best for you.

Let us know what you decide OP.

Back
Top Bottom