Actors who'd be able to bring it in a real fight

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
We often criticize Hollywood on-screen gun play (suppressors, anyone?) and violence as creating unrealistic audience perceptions that have negative social consequences.

Thought it might be fun to give shout outs to actors, directors, and productions that "get it right" with gun play.

First place: Tom Cruise is well known for training extremely hard for physical roles and pays particular attention to the details of hand-to-hand combat, including fists, guns, and edged weapons. Example, here's a video overview of him training for Collateral:

Second place: Keanu Reeves. Trains very hard and is a very capable three gun competitor:

Third place: Director Michael Mann for Heat, Collateral, and Thief. Among many others. The sound editing alone on the bank shootout from Heat stands out as one of the most realistic gun battle scenes ever done in a movie.

Honorable mention to Steven Spielberg for Saving Private Ryan and an extended list of directors for Band of Brothers.

Others?

You mean besides Walking Dead? :lol:

I watched Sicario recently and thought the gunplay was pretty good. Trying to think of others.

You mean besides Walking Dead? :lol:

Gotta give props for least amount of damage caused by fake gunfire, anywhere, ever.

I watched Sicario recently and thought the gunplay was pretty good. Trying to think of others.

I watched that about a year ago, thought it was good. Have to rewatch and pay more attention to the gun play.

We often criticize Hollywood on-screen gun play (suppressors, anyone?) and violence as creating unrealistic audience perceptions that have negative social consequences.

Thought it might be fun to give shout outs to actors, directors, and productions that "get it right" with gun play.

First place: Tom Cruise is well known for training extremely hard for physical roles and pays particular attention to the details of hand-to-hand combat, including fists, guns, and edged weapons. Example, here's a video overview of him training for Collateral:

Second place: Keanu Reeves. Trains very hard and is a very capable three gun competitor:

Third place: Director Michael Mann for Heat, Collateral, and Thief. Among many others. The sound editing alone on the bank shootout from Heat stands out as one of the most realistic gun battle scenes ever done in a movie.

Honorable mention to Steven Spielberg for Saving Private Ryan and an extended list of directors for Band of Brothers.

Others?
I THINK THE CHURCH OF SCIENCETOLOGY WOULD DO MORE HARM TO YOU THAN THE RUNT CRUISE WOULD DO. JUST SAYIN

Back
Top Bottom