• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

adapting aac to silencerco

I have not tried boiling water yet. But I would have figured if it was rocksett a 36 hour soak would have loosened it.

Meh, water is hit or miss. Most don't have the nuts to crank the torque needed to bust them loose. No offense here, but the super reaction rod helps to mitigate the extra torque on the receiver.

I have not tried boiling water yet. But I would have figured if it was rocksett a 36 hour soak would have loosened it.

Rocksett is water soluble, but torque will generally work. If you have the proper tools, just wrench on it. The boiling water will help as long as you do it fairly quickly after removing.

Be sure to use a reaction rod or something similar. I went all man-beast on my AAC upper without one and the barrel twisted in the receiver bending over the locating pin on the barrel. Luckily it didn't damage the receiver.

Be sure to use a reaction rod or something similar. I went all man-beast on my AAC upper without one and the barrel twisted in the receiver bending over the locating pin on the barrel. Luckily it didn't damage the receiver.

That will still happen with a regular reaction rod. The super reaction rod locks through the ejection port to reduce the possibility of shearing an index pin.

There is also a MAAD mount that works on AAC 51T mounts but its a little spendy for one gun
https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/51t-maad-mount
Although it's confusing, the MAAD mount I bought for my Mystic w/hate ring said it was for Saker
but it looks identical to the one on my Omega size wise. All that said it would just be easier to get
that AAC mount off and go all ASR

The AAC mounts are kind of soft. You will likely round off the wrench flats before it breaks the rocksett loose. Make or find a tool to engage the prongs and you will have better chance at getting it off. Last one I got off was covered in rocksett, and it took far more than 50ftlbs to break loose, but once it did, it shattered like glass, then spun right off.

It sounds like a trip to Wallace's Wallace's might be the best way to go.

Back
Top Bottom