• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Addicted to Froglube!

I bought a gallon jug from David @ classic city. Love it. I even use it in my suppressors. Quiets them down, smells nice and makes cleaning a breeze! I don't care for the paste as when it cools.... It turns back into the paste. I don't like that. Liquid or gtfo. If you want the paste jug I have backwoods your welcome to it. FOC of course, free of charge

Im the opposite I love the paste over the liquid.

Has anyone had trouble using it in there semi auto 22s? I've heard of some people having issues but I've never had a problem.

Im the opposite I love the paste over the liquid.

I had an experience that turned me off of the paste. I treated three different ARs with it. After being fired and put up for a week, the paste became very tacky, not slick like when it's applied. It actually formed a sheen and felt like a weak glue.

I stripped them all down and reapplied the liquid version. So far, very good. Even the liquid stays where you put it and doesn't run off / creep like petro based lubes. I set out to test drive FL over the summer just to see how it performed, but didn't get to shoot as much as I had planned. So the test will continue through the winter. I think I'm going to set up one gun with Weaponshield and keep a firing schedule to see how the two compare over time. I plan to keep an eye on rounds between reapplication and ease of maintenance. Should be interesting, but will take some time.

I had an experience that turned me off of the paste. I treated three different ARs with it. After being fired and put up for a week, the paste became very tacky, not slick like when it's applied. It actually formed a sheen and felt like a weak glue.

I stripped them all down and reapplied the liquid version. So far, very good. Even the liquid stays where you put it and doesn't run off / creep like petro based lubes. I set out to test drive FL over the summer just to see how it performed, but didn't get to shoot as much as I had planned. So the test will continue through the winter. I think I'm going to set up one gun with Weaponshield and keep a firing schedule to see how the two compare over time. I plan to keep an eye on rounds between reapplication and ease of maintenance. Should be interesting, but will take some time.
The paste version is great. It's got the consistency of butter or cosmoline. It liquefies as soon as it gets the slightest bit warm. It works best if you rub it into hot metal (hair dryer works fine.)

One of the coolest things about FrogLube, is how much easier it makes subsequent cleanings after the first application.

Back
Top Bottom