• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Admitting defeat and need to lower truck (shot in the dark)...

Truck looks good. What size tires are you running with that 8 inch lift? Do you have a larger pic of it?

As much as I hate to admit defeat, my old broken up knees just can't handle climbing up into my truck much longer. I have a 2003 F250 FX4 w/ an 8" lift. I love my truck, but I can't keep climbing my fat ass up into it. I do not have any of the stock suspension stuff, as I bought the truck as is w/ the lift.

What would be the best method to lower it? Change out the 8" lift w/ a 4" or so? I would like a little more lift than the factory height. Is it even feasible to add one of those hideaway running boards under my factory running boards to have a pre-factory board and create a set of steps? I do like sitting above everyone else, but just can't keep making the climb.

I have been advised to just try to swap out kits w/ someone (with them paying the labor costs); is that something that people do?
Forever known as loweredpowerstrokin. ;)

Even though I'm big and not in the best of shape, I look out for my fellow ODT'ers so I'll suffer the pain and aggravation of a tall gas guzzling truck and trade you straight across my little uber reliable, fuel sipping, 2wd Nissan hardbody that is easy on the knees. I'll do that for you brother!

Back
Top Bottom