• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors: DPMS AR $495. Deal or not?

Sorry for the delay, peeps! The Mrs. had a birthday this past week, I had to take her for some BD lunch.

Anyhow...I knew where the AR's were at in the store, so while others looked around, I was first at the counter. I was in and out in 35 minutes. It was fairly painless, to be honest.

I *totally* understand why they are so anal about the paperwork, but damn, they are really over the top about it.

So, I took the plunge. Thanks for the advise! If any of you can recommend a good optic for 80 yards or less shooting, give or take, let me know.

Sorry for the delay, peeps! The Mrs. had a birthday this past week, I had to take her for some BD lunch.

Anyhow...I knew where the AR's were at in the store, so while others looked around, I was first at the counter. I was in and out in 35 minutes. It was fairly painless, to be honest.

I *totally* understand why they are so anal about the paperwork, but damn, they are really over the top about it.

So, I took the plunge. Thanks for the advise! If any of you can recommend a good optic for 80 yards or less shooting, give or take, let me know.

When you have been drug through the National spotlight by the media and that POS bloomberg as hard as they have, you get a pass on the anal paperwork.
AND the owner still manages to give some very educated and accurate answers during multiple hostile media interviews.

Get one of the Primary Arms micro-red dots. It's not an Aimpoint, but for around $200 you can have something that has the same battery life as an Aimpoint and one that gets great reviews. After all, you probably wouldn't put a $600 red-dot on a $500 rifle.

Get one of the Primary Arms micro-red dots. It's not an Aimpoint, but for around $200 you can have something that has the same battery life as an Aimpoint and one that gets great reviews. After all, you probably wouldn't put a $600 red-dot on a $500 rifle.
I don't know... I've got a $2000 scope on a $700 rifle

Any particular model that you would recommend?

I'd like to stay $300 and under, if possible.

Long story short, I had a coyote come up in my backyard last weekend. The only shot he would give me was a quartering shot at 45-50 yards. I took a shot with a rifle with iron sights...clean miss. So, I need a house gun with some glass on it that I can keep pretty handy. We don't have kids, so no worries there, but there's always the chance some A-Hole will break in and relieve me of the rifle. So, I'm wanting bang for the buck. Quality, but if it gets gone, I'm out not "crying in my beer" money.

When the guy at the door asks to see your receipt, tell him "Qu'vatlh".

He was actually pleasant, believe it or not (it surprised me! LOL).

They have some type of new cooker that they are selling, and it was sitting near where he was stationed, and he was telling someone that the company did a demo for them, and it cooked excellent chicken. He was so into the chicken story, he kinda waived me thru.

Back
Top Bottom