• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors: DPMS AR $495. Deal or not?

Any particular model that you would recommend?

I'd like to stay $300 and under, if possible.

Long story short, I had a coyote come up in my backyard last weekend. The only shot he would give me was a quartering shot at 45-50 yards. I took a shot with a rifle with iron sights...clean miss. So, I need a house gun with some glass on it that I can keep pretty handy. We don't have kids, so no worries there, but there's always the chance some A-Hole will break in and relieve me of the rifle. So, I'm wanting bang for the buck. Quality, but if it gets gone, I'm out not "crying in my beer" money.
I use a Nikon M-223 1x4 power. You can shoot with both eyes open and on 1 power it works like a dot sight. They are under 300.

Long story short, I had a coyote come up in my backyard last weekend. The only shot he would give me was a quartering shot at 45-50 yards. I took a shot with a rifle with iron sights...clean miss. So, I need a house gun with some glass on it that I can keep pretty handy. We don't have kids, so no worries there, but there's always the chance some A-Hole will break in and relieve me of the rifle. So, I'm wanting bang for the buck. Quality, but if it gets gone, I'm out not "crying in my beer" money.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...tons-and-up-to-50khour-battery-life/p/md-ads/

I use a Nikon M-223 1x4 power. You can shoot with both eyes open and on 1 power it works like a dot sight. They are under 300.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but with a flat top AR (no A post), just simply mount the optic? Or with this particular optic/rifle, will I need an additional mount to get it up off the rifle for proper cheek placement/eye location?

^^I'm sure there's some proper terminology for what I'm trying to say, but I speak Alabama English^^

Take a look at the Vortex Crossfire II 2x7x32....probably around $110-$120. Clear galss and at 2X can still shoot both eyes open.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I know, I know...AO sucks donkey balls. Blah, blah...I get it.

So, DPMS Panther Oracle 16", $495. On sale Saturday.

I don't know jack about them. I like the fact that it's slick across the top. I'd like to put a basic optic on it and keep it around the house.

Deal or no deal?
Deal.
My first AR was one of those and I had ZERO problems with it. I sold it right before the events of 2012 for what I gave for it. During the OH MY GOD THEY MIGHT BAN ARs panic afterwards they were bringing like $1k.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but with a flat top AR (no A post), just simply mount the optic? Or with this particular optic/rifle, will I need an additional mount to get it up off the rifle for proper cheek placement/eye location?

^^I'm sure there's some proper terminology for what I'm trying to say, but I speak Alabama English^^

The included mount makes it sit pretty low on the rail. It's preference, but I think you'd be better off with a mount that positions the red dot higher.

So, I took the plunge. Thanks for the advise! If any of you can recommend a good optic for 80 yards or less shooting, give or take, let me know.

I got a Bushnell Red Dot 3MOA and high mount from Primary Arms $98 total (on SAIL)
and put it on my grandson's rifle and was impressed
I just checked, they'er $90
if you don't like it you can sell it in the classifieds for $160

if you get any Red Dot don't be a DA like me and not find the plastic disc on the + side of the battery

Most folks put a small or medium riser on it to cowitness with backup iron sights.

Back
Top Bottom