• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adventure Outdoors

I assume by the attitudes of most people working the gun counter at adventure outdoors, that they earn their money on commission because the place feels like walking into a car dealership to me. I expect that when I buy a car, I despise that when looking at firearms.
But, on the other hand, I was in there this spring looking for an inexpensive Kydex holster for a concealable handgun.
I told the salesman that I was looking for one in the $30-$40 price range.

The young guy who waited on me was very helpful; he took me to two different aisles to show me various holsters of the type I was looking for, and was willing to stay with me the entire time I selected one.

All this attention for a very low budget item!

I personally don't think it makes a bit of difference how good the folks that own it are. If you let assholes be your principle public contact, eventually you will get the reputation of being a bunch of assholes. That's pretty much what has happened there for me. Several years ago, my experiences began to decline there and I pretty much do not even consider them a choice for my business unless I see some out of this world deal that I'm willing to deal with a bunch of assholes in order to get. Which I will say IS QUITE RARE...

Been a long time since I been there. I did buy a very accurate 308 Bolt gun there. Sold it tho later down the road. Back before all the Bloomberg bull ****

Wallaces are good people. Just a small family trying to run what has turned into a big business. Doing pretty well at it too. They do a lot for the gun community, Truth in Nature, FCA,etc etc.. and they are a locally owned business. They keep more inventory than all the chain stores too. They even have some good people working there that have been there a long time.
Aside from all that, everybody knows how hard it is to find good help right now. Cut them some slack they've got it figured out as well as anyone else does and they keep improving.
Last gun I bought in a retail store was from them. They were my Glock distributor too. Always been good to me.
Yeah ? You obviously did not know them like i knew them. Jay , at least.
That was a long time back, to be fair.

I grew up in their house man. I played football with Eric. I've spent a lot of time on the road with them.
Relationships are different, they've always treated me like family.
i am glad you had a good relationship with them. My fam did not.
It isnt something i am gonna drag into an open forum anyway.

Wallaces are good people. Just a small family trying to run what has turned into a big business. Doing pretty well at it too. They do a lot for the gun community, Truth in Nature, FCA,etc etc.. and they are a locally owned business. They keep more inventory than all the chain stores too. They even have some good people working there that have been there a long time.
Aside from all that, everybody knows how hard it is to find good help right now. Cut them some slack they've got it figured out as well as anyone else does and they keep improving.
Last gun I bought in a retail store was from them. They were my Glock distributor too. Always been good to me.
I concur

Back
Top Bottom