• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice needed about wheels and ties for SUV.

Mischief

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
129   0
Reaction score
I have an older 2010 Escalade ESV that mainly just sits around. Runs and drives great. I qm bored with it and want to put some new wheels and a little more aggressive off road tires on it.

I am fairly versed in the mechanical parts of cars, but have no real knowledge of wheels and tires, and what else needs to be done if anything. Since it currently has the OEM 22’s on it, I know I am going to need to reduce the size since I want taller sidewalls. But that is as far an my knowledge goes.

I don’t want to do any major suspension work, so I am not talking about making a drastic change. Just want to make it look at little more mean and less Escalade.

Any advice is appreciated and if anyone knows of a place around the Smyrna, Vinings, Marietta area that could help let me know. Or if anyone on the forum specializes in this I am more than happy to give them the business even it requires a little more drive time on my end.

Thanks

First thing is to determine the minimum diameter wheel you can use.
Look at the brake caliper and check the clearance you have. You can also search on tire rack
for available sizes to fit the truck. The other items are the TPMS transmitters. Any tire company
will be able to get you the correct ones. Also the diameter of the tire will determine how far off
your spedo will be. The further difference from factory the bigger change in spedo reading.
Just the basics hear. M

First thing is to determine the minimum diameter wheel you can use.
Look at the brake caliper and check the clearance you have. You can also search on tire rack
for available sizes to fit the truck. The other items are the TPMS transmitters. Any tire company
will be able to get you the correct ones. Also the diameter of the tire will determine how far off
your spedo will be. The further difference from factory the bigger change in spedo reading.
Just the basics hear. M
I appreciate the advice!

Do yourself a favor and drive down to SCC Performance on Buford Hwy. Hiro is an awesome guy to work with. He has done thousands of vehicles. Go fast and off-road vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom