• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice needed

TheRustler

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Savage Axis .223 with 50 rounds of Hornady .223 Rem.
3 out of 10 shots i only heard a "click". Is it the ammo or my rifle? Any advice is appreciated since im new to rifles im pretty much clueless
1444311dc979240165b4b9b4e9112148.jpg
6c772014c66ceb68fb540df8c55c08eb.jpg

Is the firing pin hitting the primer on the unfired rounds and if it is , does it make as deep an impression as it does on the fired rounds.?

Is the firing pin hitting the primer on the unfired rounds and if it is , does it make as deep an impression as it does on the fired rounds.?
On the Hornady ammo its the same it seems. I fired a few rounds with "refilled" ammo and the pin hit those primers way deeper

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

HMM??
New rifle or used?
did the previous owner do any home gun smithing on it?
like lighten the firing pin spring?
is the ammo new factory or reloads??
IF reloads maybe the primers were not fully seated?
could be extremely hard primers as well, although usually a rifle will have enough umpp to light off most any primers.
need better input for better output.

HMM??
New rifle or used?
did the previous owner do any home gun smithing on it?
like lighten the firing pin spring?
is the ammo new factory or reloads??
IF reloads maybe the primers were not fully seated?
could be extremely hard primers as well, although usually a rifle will have enough umpp to light off most any primers.
need better input for better output.
Used rifle.
He didnt do anything on it he says.
The new ammo i had the problem with. I shot 5 rounds of reloaded ammo. Fired fine but couldnt get the brass out without excessive force on the bolt.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Time to back off and review all the inputs, the variants, and the irregularities associated with reloads, used gun, etc. Has the gun been checked out by a qualified gunsmith? Have you tried numerous types of ammo, different manufacturers? Have you checked the chamber and headspace?

Back
Top Bottom