• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on Beaver problem.

Mac2002

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
11   0
Reaction score
Ok here is the backstory. I live on an incorporated lake. So everyone has a say so on what goes on at the lake. We have a huge beaver dam full of beavers and a few of the homeowners think they are wonderful and want to keep them. However they are causing the flow of water to be slowed down significantly and the lake now has a ton of sediment on the bottom as well as an algae problem. If anyone that knows more than me has any suggestions or information (preferably something I could print out) that would be awesome. I want to petition the neighbors to allow me to get rid of the beavers and the beaver dam. I can handle the getting rid of part. I want to go about this the right way and prevent my neighbors from turning on me but at the same time I want my kids to be able to enjoy the lake and fishing for years to come. If anyone has any suggestions or experience with this kind of thing that would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven’t already discussed this with your neighbors, delete this thread and

I will go out a limb and say probably so. I have a silent and thermal solution for getting rid of them but it would be alot easier if I can convince them to get on board. As far as the dam removal this thing is huge and it is going to take alot to get rid of it and I haven't figured out how to do that part quietly yet.

Tannerite a lawnmower and a good alibi.
FTFY :)

We had a similar problem (25 acre lake with 12 homeowners) but luckily we had a homeowners association.
We had some real tree huggers so we voted to have them trapped & relocated (they were fun to watch but those guys can cut a lot of timber in a short period of time). I think they were $125 a piece 15 years ago and one old turd actually counted them up to keep the trapper honest... Relocating them may keep your neighbors happy?

It is so flooded on the other side from the lake I don't think I can get any heavy equipment in. I am thinking I might get a couple of cables through the dam, hook them to a tire and winch them through to break it up. Or if they will agree I will just blow it up.

I live on a 27 acre lake with an association. I saw a beaver last night dragging a neighbors landscaping into the lake lol! We trap them but they just keep coming back. We have all sorts of views on this lake about it, but until it hits their yard or the lake quality is greatly affected, they won’t do squat. The bill for dredging your lake usually gets all the home owners attention! Get a couple estimates for dredging the lake due to the beaver dam causing siltation. That would get people on board!!

Back
Top Bottom