• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Advice on Beaver problem.

I know that they will just keep coming back. The hope is that if I could get the community on board. I kill as many as I can, destroy the dam, and now that I live here permanently I can kill them as they come back.
To heck with the neighbors. I’m with alleycat… get in touch with County or City. Make a little campaign contribution.

Can’t do it now, but a milk jug of used motor oil with a pinhole in it, thrown in the lake, will get rid of them.

The oil on their pelt drives them bananas, and they will find another home.

I really legit was hoping someone might help with some info I could take to our yearly meeting. I am trying to do this the right way if possible. I have been searching the web for some info that explains how slowing the water flow at the entrance of the lake is causing stagnation. Everything I find is apparently written by tree hugging liberals that end the information with how you should just coincide with the beavers. We all know that will not work. At the end of the day I just want the lake healthy and the fish we catch healthy.

The solution is to explain the economic and environmental impact of leaving the colony in place, which it seems like many of your neighbors are ignoring because they love having them furry, cute critters in the lake.

Go find out how much it'll cost to remediate a lake that is impacted as noted by G gh1950 and alleycat alleycat . If you can't come up with those numbers, you'll find it hard to argue your case. Presenting people with the facts that at current prices, they'll all have to pitch in $3,000 every 5 years to protect the lake will focus their attention quite effectively.

There's lots of information out there that describes the ecological impact of beaver colonies:

That’s kind of what I am putting together. Seeing that it can cost between 20,000 and 70,000 per acre to dredge the lake that is 30 acres should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom