• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on Interacting with Sig Customer Service

Resipsa

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
Good ODT. I recently purchased my first Sig product, a P365. I am a bit of a Walther fan boy but wanted to try something new. I have really enjoyed the P365 and I found myself to be very accurate with it, looks great, feels great, and it is so small and light for the magazine capacity.

I bought the gun about 4-5 months ago and due to COVID have only put about 300~ rounds through it and I haven’t really carry it every day as I would normally, as I’m not going out every day. I have one issue with it on which I would like advice.

It had developed A small line of rusting and pitting on the top of the slide. Also the magazine catch showed some rusting but it seem to wipe off pretty easy. And only one of the magazines that I carry, as I normally carry two, had rusting and pitting. Every other part is great, not rust on sights, trigger, barrel as other has seen. I have concealed carried in GA summer for 14 years. I have carried a Walther P99, PPK, Xds, Kahr P380 and non have had this issue. Any thoughts? Is this a gun that has to be babied?

I just got a message back from customer service this morning and they said that it will not be covered by warranty and they see it as me not maintaining the gun. I have barely used and carried this gun in comparison to the others I’ve listed. Of the various customer services that I've had to talk to Sig seemed the most dismissive and not very helpful. All they said is I can have it recoated at my expense. With that response would you see any way to move forward with them?Does anyone have any advice on getting more help from customer service?

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• DSCF0085.JPG
    DSCF0085.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0086.JPG
    DSCF0086.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0095.JPG
    DSCF0095.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 29
They are right. That's on you. It's an EDC. Keep it oiled up and clean as possible, but imperfections are bound to happen.

I do hope it is a simple imperfection, I am concerned there is little or no more corrosion resistance on those spots, any thoughts?

Agreed, it is good to maintain my guns with oil. Slip EWL 2000 is my go to. I have treated this P365 the same way I have my other EDCs over the last 14 years. Is Slip not good for Sigs?

I do hope it is a simple imperfection, I am concerned there is little or no more corrosion resistance on those spots, any thoughts?

Agreed, it is good to maintain my guns with oil. Slip EWL 2000 is my go to. I have treated this P365 the same way I have my other EDCs over the last 14 years. Is Slip not good for Sigs?
Well, if there is rust, there is no rust protection. Slip is fine 2k is fine.

Back
Top Bottom