• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After 37 years of saving….

My father passed away a few months back and I am cleaning out his basement. I could fill a 55 gallon drum with all the misc. nuts, bolts and screws. But hell he was 80, so he had been collecting for some time. :)
My stepfather died in 2020. I helped move my mom and son back here to Perry from deep in Dooly Co in 2022. Everything they owned is big and heavy. Like the Nutcracker they have that's taller than me. Yeah picture a Christmas decoration that's about 6' tall.
Anyway one of those big ass pieces that I had to move was a Chinese vase that was every bit of 5' tall in the dining room. All I could do was tip it at the top and kinda roll it to the door. But when I got it outside and ready for the moving truck I realized that it was FULL of Styrofoam packing peanuts. Easily enough to fill a couple of 50lb dog food bags. And at the time it was blowing all over the yard . That's when I realized that my stepfather had been setting up a LONG term prank that he knew he wouldn't live to see. There's no telling how long he had been dumping them damn peanuts into that vase. And it took me a while to clean all that **** up.

My father passed away a few months back and I am cleaning out his basement. I could fill a 55 gallon drum with all the misc. nuts, bolts and screws. But hell he was 80, so he had been collecting for some time. :)
Yep, after my Father in Law passed I sorted hardware for probably a year. Probably 10s of thousands of pieces. I could just about open a hardware store. Thing is I can find it. I told my friends and Dad to not buy hardware. Come to the house, I probably have what they need

Back
Top Bottom