• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Aguila Brass Report.....

.896 to .897.

The others (winchester and federal) are slightly shorter at .892 and .890, but I tried adjusting the die every which way I could. Kept getting crushed.

I think I will try seating and crimping separtely-just to save some primers, but I am not going anywhere near Aquila again. This 50 rounds has just been a mess.

Just went back and read this part. It seems that what you have is different lengths and trying to seat and crimp all-in-one. Although the combo can be done, it usually does not end well if the brass is not not dang close to the same length. There is a good bit of difference between .890 and .897. Try to segregate brass by times shot if nothing else. I'll be the first to admit that I am not so particular at not mixing my pistol brass, but I do seat and crimp in two steps. Hope you get it going!

Just went back and read this part. It seems that what you have is different lengths and trying to seat and crimp all-in-one. Although the combo can be done, it usually does not end well if the brass is not not dang close to the same length. There is a good bit of difference between .890 and .897. Try to segregate brass by times shot if nothing else. I'll be the first to admit that I am not so particular at not mixing my pistol brass, but I do seat and crimp in two steps. Hope you get it going!

I'll bet this could be the culprit. Brass is a good little bit longer than the other stuff. I will try readjusting again.

I've loaded a fair amount of 45 Aguila brass with out any problems. I use Lee Dies that seat and crimp at the same time. I think its a roll crimp but I'd have to double check.

I just loaded and fired the rest of them. I managed to save all but 4.

I think the flare may have been too aggressive. I put some case lube around the top of the rest and they all went pretty well.

Overall, I am disappointed in this brass. Definitely softer than my other brands. I would really have needed to yank on the press hard to get the winchester or federal to do that.

Back
Top Bottom