• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Air conditioning repair

Appreciate it.

Thanks. If the next person that recharges it can't find the leak, then I'll start saving those pennies for a new HVAC.

The reason I know that is because I charged a 16 year old unit in the beginning of June and by early July It was pretty much empty again. Don't throw good money after bad just go ahead and start getting quotes to replace. Depending on how old your system is you may just need a new coil, a new condenser and coil or the whole system including the furnace/blower along with the coil and condenser. Good Luck.

Call Shriver Mechanical at 770-975-1927. Good folks and reasonable prices. You won't need Vasoline because they're not gonna screw you like so many others.

I don't understand, he stated he checked the thermostat in heating mode and the cooling circuit was still energized? Sounds to me that there is still a problem in the board or the stat. $250 labor to replace a warranty part is just not right. Standard hourly labor rates should apply. 30 minutes to replace almost any board. Is the system operating 100% now? As far as a leak in the system goes, if he has a decent leak detector he should be able to locate the leak. 95% of the time a leak will develop in the evaporator coil. If that's the case then the coil needs to be replaced.
This is just my opinion,

Back
Top Bottom