• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air rifle

I’ve got one listed that I got from the CMP. It has been rebuilt by them and is very accurate. I’m selling it because I wanted something a little more powerful. Ended up with a Beeman R7. It’s quite a bit more expensive, but worth it.

That's a great deal for someone looking for an air rifle!

Grew up with a bunch of airguns. Bang for the buck, I would go with a Gamo break barrel. I had a Diana 48 AirKing, but it was just way too heavy. I sold it and got a Diana 350 Magnum instead. Similar power, very accurate and a good bit lighter. These magnum airguns are much bigger and heavier than people may think. Here is the 350 Magnum next to my 870 Marine Magnum. Also, I would recommend Pyramid Air. That's where I bought all of mine in the past 10yrs. They have gun options for all budgets.

20221002_103637.jpg

20221002_103745.jpg

I agree that an adult sized modern break-barrel spring piston air rifle is the best value for all around plinking. I would not get a 10-pump up pneumatic because it just takes too long in between shots (although you don't have to pump it 10 times to get good performance; I find that 4 pumps is sufficient to knock over tin cans at 50 feet, and lets me shoot faster. More shots per minute.

I currently have a Winchester branded (made in Turkey) air rifle that I would not recommend because the trigger pull is rather heavy, and it's noisy with a lot of vibration (but it was cheap.)

I used to have an RWS "Diana" model 36, made in west Germany, that the factory actually serviced under warranty, and replaced the main piston /seal.

I understand that that's about $150 job if you had to pay an airgun gunsmith to do it.

The RWS was a fine quality weapon with an excellent trigger pull and very well-made iron sights, although I did use a scope on it most of the time.

As for .22 Caliber spring-piston single shot pellet rifles, I don't have any particular brand in mind to recommend, other than RWS guns made in Europe

I'd suggest buying several thousand pellets for it while they're still available now at reasonable prices. I think the .22 caliber airgun pellet is going the way of the 41 rimfire round-- it will become obsolete soon.

Back
Top Bottom