AK Optic Mount Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamcastle

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
339   0
Reaction score
I lucked up and was able to pick up my first AK this weekend. Its a standard fixed stock Centruy build. I would love to start looking at different options to attach some sort of optics platform. Nothing fancy needed. Will more then likely end up getting some sort of small inexpensive (under $50) scope or red dot to start off with. Ive seen AK's with optice mounted on rail systems that replace the front wood handles and Ive seen some with something that looks like it attaches to the fromnt of the reciever. Looks like the sights sit on opposite ends of the gun depending on the mount. Just looking for something to improve my accuracy at 100yards shooting cans.I'm about as new to this as they come so all input on my options would be appreciated.

I've been wanting to try this for awhile.

i54.tinypic.com_10f6vtj.jpg

I believe the mount and optic can be found here. http://www.eastwave.ca/

Cool Buy! I don't like the optics up front, but hey that's just me! I know a few companies out there eg. pro-mag have rear mounts/rails/picatinny rails,etc. that will easily mount to the left side of the receiver,for easy scope mounting above the dust cover. These are really quick to install and don't cost too much. Also, I think they make rails that mount directly to your dust cover, all whatcha prefer! Have fun!

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/aksiramoqude.html (This example has top and side rails, so example you could put a scope on top and laser/flashlight on the side and also has quick release detach.)

Last edited:
:cool2:Unless you are nearly blind , an ak doesn't need any optics for its effective range. But then again , some people just want their weapon to look "cool" , not really worrying about employing it effectively.

I replaced my standard cover with a railed cover that is raised so you can still use the iron sights... I like this set up better than the side mount but that's just me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom