• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alexander's sale of the year

Same here... traffic on the weekends makes it worse... So I/We try to go on a weekday... Though, you don't have a choice when they do the Saturday only specials...

Just up the road from me so I think it's worth it but I usually go during the week to avoid the weekend crowds.

The 1st time I went was with the family. Could not believe what they had and the multiple levels of the store (before they moved the sporting goods to the dungeon). They have sales assistants everywhere and they're very helpful. A nice lady asked if we needed help and I said "yes ma'am, we've been here for three hours , would you please show us where the exit is ? " :lol:

@iceberg, yes it's worth the drive. Alexander's everyday prices are better than Franklin's cost sale prices. Stay at Vogel State Park (10 minutes) or in Blairsville (10-15 minutes) and make a weekend out of the trip. Go just once and I just about guarantee you'll go back many more times.

The 1st time I went was with the family. Could not believe what they had and the multiple levels of the store (before they moved the sporting goods to the dungeon). They have sales assistants everywhere and they're very helpful. A nice lady asked if we needed help and I said "yes ma'am, we've been here for three hours , would you please show us where the exit is ? " :lol:

@iceberg, yes it's worth the drive. Alexander's everyday prices are better than Franklin's cost sale prices. Stay at Vogel State Park (10 minutes) or in Blairsville (10-15 minutes) and make a weekend out of the trip. Go just once and I just about guarantee you'll go back many more times.
I'm not sure if you are talking about the same store or not but I just left Alexander's empty handed because their "at cost" sale on guns was a complete joke. $500 SW M&P15, $800 for an M92 AK pistol without brace, $480-500 for a standard Glock 19 gen4. These prices might be fair on a regular day, but they are straight up lying about these guns being sold at cost.

My wife looked around the rest of the store, most items weren't on sale at all it seems. She loves to bargain shop and said she didn't see any good deals.

We had a nice trip up to the mountains today but Alexander's was a HUGE letdown, I won't be going back.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the same store or not but I just left Alexander's empty handed because their "at cost" sale on guns was a complete joke. $500 SW M&P15, $800 for an M92 AK pistol without brace, $480-500 for a standard Glock 19. These prices might be fair on a regular day, but they are straight up lying about these guns being sold at cost.

My wife looked around the rest of the store, most items weren't on sale at all it seems. She loves to bargain shop and said she didn't see any good deals.

We had a nice trip up to the mountains today but Alexander's was a HUGE letdown, I won't be going back.
Thanks for the info

I'm not sure if you are talking about the same store or not but I just left Alexander's empty handed because their "at cost" sale on guns was a complete joke. $500 SW M&P15, $800 for an M92 AK pistol without brace, $480-500 for a standard Glock 19 gen4. These prices might be fair on a regular day, but they are straight up lying about these guns being sold at cost.

Saved me the trip! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom