• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alexander's sale of the year

Just got back from there. Couldn't even get to the gun counter, or down any of the aisles to look at anything. I don't think I need anything in there that bad. At least I only live 20 miles away, and can go back when I can at least see what's there

I'm not sure if you are talking about the same store or not but I just left Alexander's empty handed because their "at cost" sale on guns was a complete joke. $500 SW M&P15, $800 for an M92 AK pistol without brace, $480-500 for a standard Glock 19 gen4. These prices might be fair on a regular day, but they are straight up lying about these guns being sold at cost.

My wife looked around the rest of the store, most items weren't on sale at all it seems. She loves to bargain shop and said she didn't see any good deals.

We had a nice trip up to the mountains today but Alexander's was a HUGE letdown, I won't be going back.

Did you just walk around and look or did you ask an associate “what is the sale price on this gun?”

I doubt they took the time to reprice all the tags on every gun. It’s probably the type of thing you have to ask about a particular gun.

We are heading to the mountains tomorrow and I was going to stop by this store, as I have never been there. We shall see I guess.

Did you just walk around and look or did you ask an associate “what is the sale price on this gun?”

I doubt they took the time to reprice all the tags on every gun. It’s probably the type of thing you have to ask about a particular gun.

We are heading to the mountains tomorrow and I was going to stop by this store, as I have never been there. We shall see I guess.
I asked, it took 45 min to get those price requests.

Just got back from there. Couldn't even get to the gun counter, or down any of the aisles to look at anything. I don't think I need anything in there that bad. At least I only live 20 miles away, and can go back when I can at least see what's there
I worked this year end sale many times and I can assure you it's a madhouse for sure. You're worn out for sure come 7:00PM

Ok, I went today.

I noticed they had a s&w m&p 15-22 there. This same model was on flash sale two fridays ago for 249. I asked the price and the guy says 349$. I questioned that price, mentioning the sale two weeks ago, and they guy says he’s not normally at the gun counter and that he would check with the normal guys. He walks over to a guy at the computer and talks to him and they come back with 329.

Wow, what an “at cost” sale. I’ll pass.
I didn’t even ask about anything else.

The gun counter was full of old people buying guns, I guess they don’t check prices on the internet.

I really like Alexander's. Great selection for everyone in the family, and decent pricing, depending on what you're looking at.

That being said, as a business owner, I have to doubt claims that guns are actually sold at 'cost'. Some of the prices I heard from friends were definitely not at cost. But, if it gets morons in the door who believe it and don't know how to use google-fu...who am I to pee in their Wheaties??

I really like Alexander's. Great selection for everyone in the family, and decent pricing, depending on what you're looking at.

That being said, as a business owner, I have to doubt claims that guns are actually sold at 'cost'. Some of the prices I heard from friends were definitely not at cost. But, if it gets morons in the door who believe it and don't know how to use google-fu...who am I to pee in their Wheaties??
Don't lie to me and tell me you're selling your guns at cost, because I have the ****ing internet. Oh sure they'll get some sales from it I'm sure, but like me there were plenty of people who just turned around and walked out when they heard the price. I came in there ready to spend a large amount of money, didn't spend a dime and won't be back.

If it's not true, don't say it. Just call it an end of year sale. And there are plenty of businesses who sell guns at slightly above cost everyday (Georgia Gun Store, Dahlonega Gun and Pawn from what I've read) and do well, because if you earn a repeat customer with good prices/service, they'll often buy other items (accessories, mags, ammo) there that you can turn a decent profit on.

Don't lie to me and tell me you're selling your guns at cost, because I have the ****ing internet. Oh sure they'll get some sales from it I'm sure, but like me there were plenty of people who just turned around and walked out when they heard the price. I came in there ready to spend a large amount of money, didn't spend a dime and won't be back.

If it's not true, don't say it. Just call it an end of year sale. And there are plenty of businesses who sell guns at slightly above cost everyday (Georgia Gun Store, Dahlonega Gun and Pawn from what I've read) and do well, because if you earn a repeat customer with good prices/service, they'll often buy other items (accessories, mags, ammo) there that you can turn a decent profit on.
A handful gun stores are like restaurants...the huge profit markup is in the desserts and not the main course meal

It's like that every time I have been there!!

Back
Top Bottom