Almost 10 months!!

ga_trucklvr

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
Three days short of 10 months from the day I mailed it until the stamp arrived in my mailbox. Got it to the range for a function test today and it worked fine. Now time to put some glass on top of it. Supress it?

DSC_0002-B.jpgDSC_0001-B.jpg

Sweet, what length is your barrel? I'm thinking about a can for my UZI but the 10.5 inch barrel will make 147gr ammo go supersonic so I am not sure it is worth the money. From what I understand I would have to load my own to keep the bullet subsonic and then I may have issues with cycling.

Sweet, what length is your barrel? I'm thinking about a can for my UZI but the 10.5 inch barrel will make 147gr ammo go supersonic so I am not sure it is worth the money. From what I understand I would have to load my own to keep the bullet subsonic and then I may have issues with cycling.
No it wont., there aint a barrel length out there that will send most 147gr super sonic(except for Summit who loads theirs extra hot).

No it wont., there aint a barrel length out there that will send most 147gr super sonic(except for Summit who loads theirs extra hot).
Hmmm, over on UZI talk I was reading that I had to go 9" if I wanted to keep 147 subsonic. Of course you really can't go any shorter on an Uzi. Damn it man, you got me thinking harder about that Isis again. Grrr.

I'm not sure what ammo they are shooting, but defensive 147gr, which is hotter loaded then fmj in most cases, doesn't break 1100fps at any inch in 16". Maybe in very cold weather or at high altitude it might go trans sonic, but in GA your safe. In all of my talking on NFA forums, it seems to be accepted that 147gr is subsonic at all barrel lengths.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

Barrel is 9.5 in.. I could still supress. I have a Mystic, I'm just not sure if I want to go that route yet. Maybe down the road.

Nice setup. I just picked up my Mystic from the ATF-jail. It's only a $70 adapter to suppress it...
But a note here, if your upper is like mine, the threads may be an odd-ball pitch, it's 1/2-36 on a lot of the 9mm's...
I only know this because I have a shiney-new can that I didn't order the adapter for, so now I'm stuck waiting on it before I can play!

Back
Top Bottom