• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .30 cal can $1000 or under all in (permission tax included)?

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
Only dabbled with rimfire cans. Now I'm looking to jump in to 300 BLK but would like a can I can switch between 5.56/300 BLK/.308 etc.

I don't want to scour the internet and watch YouTube biased reviews, I want your real world experiences and suggestions.

Thanks!

I have had a good experience with the Rugged Razor 7.62. I swapped it between my 556 and 300bo while I was waiting on my dedicated 556 can. You can get 556 end caps for it as well that made a difference when shooting 556 in my opinion. The mounting system does seem to have a break in period but overall I like it. I think I paid just under $700 for it plus the tax stamp.

If you're OK with putting new muzzle brakes/flash hiders on everything (which adds about $70 to each firearm), I still think a Dead Air Sandman is worth considering. I don't shoot 5.56, but it works great for 30 cal. You can get a 5.56 end cap for it if you want to, but a friend of mine used was very satisfied shooting his SCAR-L with the 30 Cal. end cap on it. I have a medium-length can - the "Sandman M".

I know there have been comments about poor QA on Dead Air products, but I don't think the Sandman was implicated.

It's a relatively heavy beast, but it's rated for hard use.

Diligent Defense Enticer-L supposedly meters as good or better than Dead Air Nomad-L for a couple hundred bucks cheaper. Hard to get much quieter than that, and the Ti one is only around 10 ounces. No personal experience with the Enticer, but my Nomad-L is silly quiet.

Assuming you mean 5.56, look at KGM. Also, is this for a house gun, hunting, matches?
Yes! I was distracted while typing LOL. Fixed.
Not really looking for anything specific. Definitely not matches. Would be switched between hunting and home defense.

I can only ask this question because it's not stated in your opening post. What type of shooting do you plan on doing with the suppressor? Is this going to be mainly on a .308 PRS rifle? Home Defense SBR on 5.56? Larping under NOD's on a 007 inspired .300BLK? I don't have any experience yet with these two mentions, but it can give you two cans for $1000 before stamps. AB Suppressors Warthog 5.56 and 7.62. $485 each @ QRF. I'll be grabbing the 7.62 this year sometime. But stating on experience, SilencerCo Omega .300 is a good overall for your needs. I haven't received my SureFire SOCOM 762-RC2 yet, but have shot another Trader's on a SCAR 17S and it's great, but will have you at $1,200 with tax. Hope all has been well with you brother. If needed/wanted you can try mine anytime.

I can only ask this question because it's not stated in your opening post. What type of shooting do you plan on doing with the suppressor? Is this going to be mainly on a .308 PRS rifle? Home Defense SBR on 5.56? Larping under NOD's on a 007 inspired .300BLK? I don't have any experience yet with these two mentions, but it can give you two cans for $1000 before stamps. AB Suppressors Warthog 5.56 and 7.62. $485 each @ QRF. I'll be grabbing the 7.62 this year sometime. But stating on experience, SilencerCo Omega .300 is a good overall for your needs. I haven't received my SureFire SOCOM 762-RC2 yet, but have shot another Trader's on a SCAR 17S and it's great, but will have you at $1,200 with tax. Hope all has been well with you brother. If needed/wanted you can try mine anytime.
Doing great! Will be swapped between calibers listed in my post. Primarily home defense, swapped to 300 BLK and .308 for hunting.

Back
Top Bottom