• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .30 cal can $1000 or under all in (permission tax included)?

So it all depends on what you want out of it…weight/sound reduction/tone/use type there’s a lot that goes into what you want it to be used for a really heavy direct thread can will sound great but suck to hump around or not useful if size is an issue just as an example

Not the best at anything but I own a great many cans and can honestly say that for the money Yankee Hill Machining Resonator K is a steal of a deal. I run it on my scar, 300blk, and 6arc. The new SRX mounts are a lot nicer than the huge and heavy phantom qd. It is light enough to not throw things off but heavy enough that you feel like you can be really mean to it and not worry about it. I have a Turbo K as well that has a ton of rounds through it at high rates of fire and sustained fire and it also looks great on the inside still, I would HIGHLY recommend a 17-4 stainless can if you are going for a do all can and replacement or owning many more is not in your future. As I stated, there are lighter, quieter, cooler looking cans or whatever floats your boat. But once you get past the "omg it has to be the silentest ninja death machine ever, if its not a mouse fart i dont want it" can phase(everyone goes there at least for a little while) then you usually wind up with durability/size/weight as the primary parameters you want to be the best. That's just like, my opinion, man.

Check out AB Suppressors. I’m on the verge of ordering the Raptor 8 as a dedicated can for my bolt gun because of its lightweight and sound. Also considering the A-10 as a dedicated can on a grendel I own. I’ve got a dead air nomad now that I run the keymo system on between 5 guns and the dead air is great as far as sound from 5.56 to .308 but when adding the keymo and muzzle devices, the front end weight is around 22 ounces. 22 added ounces on the end of a 20” barrel causes an unbalanced gun.

Only dabbled with rimfire cans. Now I'm looking to jump in to 300 BLK but would like a can I can switch between 5.56/300 BLK/.308 etc.

I don't want to scour the internet and watch YouTube biased reviews, I want your real world experiences and suggestions.

Thanks!
Omega 36M covers a lot of calibers well. Not a lot of cans do that, especially that aren't super heavy.
YHM Resonator is excellent on everything. I like the full size over the K, for most cans.
Aero Lahar 30 L is an excellent can but it's heavier than the Resonator.

You might like a YHM R9 as well. They don't sound bad on 5.56. I haven't shot one on 308. I'm sure it takes the edge off at least.

I have a rex silentium mg7 30 and it rocks. Sounds great on 300, 5.56, 308, looks cool in the unfinished tone, and just tucks under an aero quantum handguard. It's 1.75 in diameter so the extra volume really helps with sound for how short it is. And it's 500 bucks full price, with sales running I got mine for that with the stamp

I have a rex silentium mg7 30 and it rocks. Sounds great on 300, 5.56, 308, looks cool in the unfinished tone, and just tucks under an aero quantum handguard. It's 1.75 in diameter so the extra volume really helps with sound for how short it is. And it's 500 bucks full price, with sales running I got mine for that with the stamp
Those are great cans for the money as well. I have a rex mgx with 8 baffles in .224 bore. Shooting the rex mgx on an 18" rifle length gas right next to a MK12 with an OCM5, it was really hard to tell any difference in sound using the same ammo.

Liberty Anthem S, Q trash panda (will come with mounts for both your wants), HUXWRX ventum. I have all 3. Have not shot the ventum yet. The trash panda was my original do it all can until I wanted better performance on 308 bolt guns. The Anthem S is very quiet on bolt guns super sonic. We'll see how the ventum does on the gas guns soon enough. I've also got a Nomad LT it's OK but I expected more out of it from pew sciences data. It's just so long compared to my other cans.

Back
Top Bottom