• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Almost made it 28 years

Remember, there's still a few good ones amongst the horde of "hear them roar". I was married young to real pig that cheated, stole and accused me of violence, cheating and every kind of abuse she could imagine....thank God that chapter of my life is long over. I was lucky enough to find my best friend and marry her, for realz. Been married for going on 22 years. When I injured my spinal cord she didn't leave or run around on me like I watched happen to other guys who got hurt. My wife dug in her heels and nursed me back to health, took care of me when I didn't want her to and still to this day she takes care of me. I never understood why I was blessed so much to have that 1 in a million but I am. It's sad to see someone invest so much of their life to someone that doesn't want the same thing

No one gets married hoping or thinking about divorce. So I'm very sorry you are going through it. Having said that, it sounds like you've done everything you could. NO REGRETS is the only way to move forward. I hope sooner than later it's in the rear view and you are happier than you thought possible.
Best of luck. A prayer will be sent up for you.

You will have good days & even a few bad days. But, I promise you it will get better as you go around this curve. Been there, done that & unfortunately go that t-shirt. Chin up!

I'll be keeping you in my prayers through this difficult time in your life. Keep your chin up brother, you'll always have the support and friendship from the ODT brethren.

shakey hunter shakey hunter , really sorry to hear that man. I know its tough but you need to stay calm and think logically. There is lots of good advice on this thread already. Cut your losses and minimize the damage. Its all you can do now. If you haven't figured it out already, every step of this legal process is designed to favor women and take men's resources. The cards are stacked against you already. Alec Baldwin said that divorce is like being chained to a truck and dragged down a gravel road. It only stops when she wants it to or when she runs out of gas.

@Bypass absolutely has the right idea. Don't get married. I narrowly escaped getting married twice. The first time was to my high school sweetheart. After 2yrs of being with her I found out that she had cheated on me and she left me for the guy she was cheating on me with. It took a long time to get over that but a few years later I reconnected with my middle school sweetheart. We were together for 7yrs until she cheated on me and then left me for the guy she was cheating on me with. Had I been married in either of these situations, they could have taken half my money for the rest of my life.

I'd still really like to find a nice girl to settle down with. But I'm never going to give her the power to summon the state to financially rape me any time she feels like it. Marriage in the 21st century is a terrible deal for men. To all the women out there who scream about gender equality, I agree with you that we have to do something. Lets start with divorce/family court

Back
Top Bottom