• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Almost new?

Nothing wrong with calling a "like new" gun by that phrase. If the gun has no scratches or wear lines anywhere, it's just like a new one.
That's assuming it also comes with the box, the gun lock, the owner's manual, etc. just like new ones have.

That being said, I saw a gun being advertised the other day as "only fired twice" or something like that. Judging by the visible wear lines in the magazine well from the mag being dropped and reinserted dozens if not hundreds of times, and the wear marks on the barrel (both at the breech end and at the muzzle) this gun had seen a fair amount of use. Maybe the reference to "fired twice" meant that the owner took it to two combat pistol training classes, each lasting a full day and involving 500-ish rounds downrange.

I don't get why people buy ordinary non-collector's item guns, the kind of guns you don't expect to be safe queens, and then put them away without ever firing them. Not even once, to see if they work and function correctly. I've never done that. Even guns that I bought as an investment and intended to resell later, I would still take them out and run at least one magazine through each one to check for function and that it hits near to where the sights are set. In case I had to pull that gun out of the safe and put it on the battle lines in an emergency, I want to know it works.

I don't get why people buy ordinary non-collector's item guns, the kind of guns you don't expect to be safe queens, and then put them away without ever firing them. Not even once, to see if they work and function correctly. I've never done that. Even guns that I bought as an investment and intended to resell later, I would still take them out and run at least one magazine through each one to check for function and that it hits near to where the sights are set. In case I had to pull that gun out of the safe and put it on the battle lines in an emergency, I want to know it works.

I don't get it either but that's always what ends up bringing in the big money. the most valuable firearms are always ones no one ever thought about collector value. that being said im the same as you and have to shoot anything I get in

Back
Top Bottom